October 19, 2017, 06:53:23 AM

Author Topic: Checking the "ZERO" after stock removal  (Read 1152 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Checking the "ZERO" after stock removal
« on: March 10, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »

I was a little concerned that when I took off the stocks to put the rails on the POI might have changed. I ran out to day to see. I was shooting off the extended bi-pods sitting on the ground on a coyote pad, light wind.

6mm 55 gr ballistic tip Nosler 4000 fps +. 100 yards with bi-pods fully extended 32"

6mm 80 gr Barnes TTS 3500 fps. Off fully extended bi-pods.

22/250 52 gr Berger around 3400 fps if I remember. Same bi-pods full out 100 yards.

It doesn't look any different.
Should work.

D
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Checking the "ZERO" after stock removal
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:05:40 AM »
 O0 Looks good, especially that last load, D. Critters are gonna die!  :twisted: I can see a wolf hide hanging on your wall soon.  O0
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:08:07 AM by John Andrews »
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 09:48:19 AM »
I always feel you have to sight in your gun the way your going to use it. A bench target rifle/pistol needs to be sighted in on a bench preferably the bench your most likely to shoot off. A walk around gun you need to sight in shooting off hand or over your pack or what ever you do to shoot. In my case the bi-pods or my sticks. My coyote guns I'll do the pod and try them on sticks to see if there is any difference, I also try to have on full hunting clothing. My deer/elk/bear I sight in on sticks then try them on pods if they go on. There again I want my hunting jacked at the very least to check where I shoot in full hunting gear.
 I'm not a great shot and my eye sight is going as fast as my hearing. I try to take as much variables out of the gun with load and bullets, then when I don't connect I can say CRAP "I" missed ,not dam gun is off...
AND practice ,Practice, practice. We shoot 100's of rounds in our guns through out the year , Shot guns included . 
I hate to shoot paper 'less I have to, so a lot of our shooting time is spent on gophers, prairie dogs, cans ,dirt clods, junk like that.
 Don't forget your shooting glasses and hearing protection not just for there intended purpose but to get the real feel for when your out in the field. I do use a bench and a lead sled to work up a load and see if the gun is capable of shooting well and to get it close especially things like the 35 wheelen,375, and 4570, or 338/378
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 08:47:40 AM »
 O0 You nailed that right on the head, D. I am the same way.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments