November 24, 2017, 10:54:17 PM

Author Topic: Went This Weekend  (Read 1190 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Went This Weekend
« on: April 13, 2015, 04:32:47 PM »
At the last minute I decided to go turkey hunting this past weekend. Worked a gobbler for about 15 minutes Saturday morning but he wasn't in the mood to get more than 50-60 yards from me. I yelped and clucked and purred a few times but I guess I didn't sound sexy enough. I hadn't been getting much sleep lately, and after realizing he wasn't going to come in for a shot, I leaned up against a tree a fell asleep. I slept until about 1pm and it was one of the best naps I'd had in a while....

Had this weird dream though.....In the dream BC was riding on the back of a mule that was swimming across this huge river, and BC was scared he'd fall off and drown. :-P :twisted: :roll: :wink: :D ;D

Went back out Sunday morning and threw everything in my repertoire but couldn't get a gobbler to respond to save my life. Around 11am I said to heck with it and drove over to a public fishing area and managed to catch and release three largemouths around 11 and 12 inches.

I plan on sneaking out again next week unless I decide to go trout fishing instead.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline D45/70

Re: Went This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 08:31:25 AM »
he wasn't in the mood to get more than 50-60 yards from me

Why didn't you shoot him there ??? :knuppel2
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 04:07:16 PM »
Two reasons.

1) I never saw him. I only heard him. This is middle Georgia. Very thick and with brush and trees. You can't see past 30-40 yards.

2) Even with an extra full choke 10 gauge firing #4 shot, I like to get inside 50 yards if I can. If the turkey were out in the middle of a field I might chance a 50 yard shot. Most places in the deep south are very thick with undergrowth and both pine and oak trees. Many if not most of your shots are going to be  40 yards or closer.

Rifles are illegal for turkey here, btw. Shotguns or bows. Shotguns must be 20 gauge or larger and firing #2 shot or smaller.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 04:10:16 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline D45/70

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 04:35:08 PM »
WAY to many rules !!!! :idiot2
We can use anything an oobuck if we want
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 12:28:38 AM »
WAY to many rules !!!! :idiot2
We can use anything an oobuck if we want

I agree. But at one time it was actually worse.

Turkey are found in all 159 counties and are legal to hunt in all of them. We even have them inisde Atlanta city limits. There is only a spring season with a limit of 3. We had a fall season when I was a kid, but did away with it in 1974. They've talked about bringing it back, but it is opposed by 90% of the hunters. I don't care one way or the other. It is legal to use bows, crossbows and black powder shotguns for turkeys too.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 06:28:21 AM »
  O0  Well. you gave it your all, bo. I reckon the turkeys aren't working for anyone. Your weather must be too warm?

That was some dream you had!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Go trout fishing!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 11:54:41 PM »
I just about forgot it was Turkey season or close to it. Haven't heard about anybody getting one yet or even going out for that matter.
 Here we are limited to scatterguns or bows. Shot size #4 or smaller.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 04:22:43 AM »
I think our season opens this weekend.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments