November 19, 2017, 01:35:39 AM

Author Topic: who here reloads???  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
who here reloads???
« on: August 26, 2005, 10:50:29 AM »
lookin for a reloader of 41 ae pistol carts.... anyone here? I dont wanna get into reloading but looks like i am gonna have to..... anyone? someone?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline hickory50

Re: who here reloads???
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 06:44:54 PM »
Morax, I don't reload that round, but have been reloading both rifle and pistol rounds now for 30 years. You say you don't want to get into reloading, but I think if you do, you will find it to be a most rewarding, relaxing aspect of shooting. I have not fired a factory round except shotgun shells now for several years. Reloading can save you money, and it will open up your understandong of ballistics better than any other aspect in shooting. It is also lots of fun. It is not too much initial outlay to get started. And after you get the initial stuff to begin, it does not cost that much to continue.

Offline Morax

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 08:23:09 PM »
dont lie to me :P a friend of mine does reload, i just gotta get the dies and been putting it off in hopes of finding someone who says "sure i do it, wanna buy a box or so" heheh   as per the lieing to me part  you dont save money reloading, you just shoot a hell of a lot more hahahah

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 09:24:25 PM »
A helluva lot more for the same money. Your per round cost is significantly cheaper. A friend of mine reloads and cast his own bullets. He wheels and deals and gets most of his lead free. At last accounting his only expendable cost was primers and powder. For 45 ACP I think it cost him about 3 cents per round. 41AE can't be alot different. If you shoot a lot the equipment pays for itself in short order. I'd do it but I don't have the time yet. I just collect the peices/parts as I come across the deals and wait for the day to come.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Morax

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 10:16:12 PM »
mospark... the .41 ae was pulled from production with the introduction of the .40 s&w round. there is brass still available for this round through IMI but as soon as they do a batch it gets snatched up... I still have a box of speer gold dots here.. but i just love this thing a stainless tangfolio that is sooooo much fun to shoot

Facebook Comments