December 15, 2017, 11:06:39 AM

Author Topic: Fish not on  (Read 852 times)

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Fish not on
« on: June 24, 2015, 05:22:30 PM »
Well anyone catchen any? Went out to Fort Gibson lake for bout four hours and just two nibbles and a sunburn. Been cating a few times seen the floods with no success.
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Fish not on
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 07:03:56 AM »
It has been poor fishing here for the last 3 weeks because of rain and flooding. I got out last Sunday and no cats but did catch a 14 pound perch. I chopped it up for flathead cutbait.

Flatheads were really hitting the stuff until all this rain. It has stormed all night and is still going on. Yesterday, same thing and it is rare to have one day of not raining. 

I rode out tornadoes at work last Saturday evening. I was in a patrol 4X4 Chevy Colorado and thought the truck was gonna fly.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 08:38:27 AM »

"Bout week and a half ago we got a boat load of Walleye outa the boat . We kept 8 15"ers to eat....
 I'd like to go this weekend but there calling for 104* that to hot to be in a boat
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:41:41 AM by D45/70 »
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 12:07:18 AM »
Thats great. The floods here have the local lakes over tweny foot above level and my bassen ponds are over flowen as well. Just nibbles past month did catch a handful of dink cats last month after the first bad rain but dwn hill sense

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 07:46:53 AM »
Is still raining here and probably will rain all day. Tomorrow's weather looks good even though rivers and everything is at or above flood stage.

I have shop work to do and some groundhogs and three feral cats to give some .17 WSM special attention to this weekend.  :twisted: And of course, some fishing.

Nice going, D! What did you use to to catch those walleyes?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 12:22:37 AM »
Seen my first groundhog of the year today on cc hwy south of joplin. Lol

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 08:10:20 AM »
I grabbed some fishing poles and went to the river. Didn't even get a bite, just a couple of nibbles.

I should have grabbed the rifle and given the cats and ghogs a go instead of fishing.

Offline D45/70

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 08:28:22 AM »
I should have grabbed the rifle and given the cats and ghogs a go instead of fishing 

Now your talkin !!!!!!!
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »
Yeah, my daughter has been out all weekend runnen jug lines with her boyfriend. She told me they even had a hard time netting shad for bait, much less catching anything the three times out.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 05:43:56 AM »
Jug fishing is fun. I haven't done that in a lot of years. I doubt bankpoles are doing anything, either.

I threw everything at them last weekend without a decent bite. Our local 3 rivers are dropping, which shuts off the bite.

Facebook Comments