December 16, 2017, 05:42:57 PM

Author Topic: Turkey season 2015  (Read 672 times)

Offline 2Nutz

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Turkey season 2015
« on: June 14, 2015, 02:06:15 PM »
So who got birds down? I got a scare this year with the lyme desease tick bite as well! Then found out the county I recieved the bite also has a new tickborn desease called Bourbon Desease! Hmmmm :uglystupid2
Still killen and grillen!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Turkey season 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2015, 08:29:47 PM »
I didn't get out this year and the SIL hunted a river island with no luck at all. Bourbon disease sounds like a mess of fast acting bad news. That's all we need, another tick-borne disease  :tickedoff
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 09:28:15 PM »
Yes, no cure either. But was able to knock two down so had one tag sammich!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 06:20:37 AM »
 ;D  ;D  ;D Sounds like a good prevention!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 05:27:25 PM »
I got a 20 pounder back in April and no nasty bug bites. We had lots of rain here during the season where I hunted, but they're out there, you just gotta' work for them. O0 O0 :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline 2Nutz

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 11:14:23 AM »
Yeah, was out to fill my last tag on a long beard. Got three ticks, one was enough to get me. I took two young 19#ers and was holding out for some spurs. They changed regs here again this year without notifacation. The two bird counties were reduced to one bird and westside of the state is check in now and one bird as well. So I'm figuring the count will be lower than it should be. Pissed alot off. And people pissed is bad for the wildlife dept.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 08:52:46 AM »
Neither the boy or I got anything this year.  I didn't get to go much, but when I did I was messing with old birds that were henned-up.  I worked them, but to no avail.  :'(

That's alright though.  I'll get some this fall with the Excalibur.  >:D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 07:01:22 AM »
You fellas should have let me know you wanted birds. I could have ran over a truck load of them.  ;D I dodge them every day on the roads at work.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments