December 14, 2017, 01:10:03 AM

Author Topic: Crazy Azz Weather  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Crazy Azz Weather
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 09:58:17 PM »
That one wasn't bad.  It only got up about 8" in the barn and didn't get any of the engines.

BUT....  Two days later on Tuesday morning, 7/14, here it came again!  I had gotten up at 3:30 AM because of the storms rolling through and had been watching the creek.  Everything looked OK at 5:30 when I decided to lay down for an hour before I had to get up and get ready for work.  My alarm went off at 6:30 and I was greeted by this.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2015, 09:59:11 PM »
More

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2015, 10:01:52 PM »
That one got up about knee deep and got both of the push mowers and the tiller.  I got the 4 wheeler and the riding mower out before it got to them.

Oh, but old Mr. Murphy wasn't done with me just yet, not by a long shot!

I come home that afternoon from work and see this right beside the road in front of the house as I'm driving up.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2015, 10:05:29 PM »
Went in the house and tried the water and sure enough, no water pressure.  ::)

Called the water company at 6:00.
They showed up at 7:15
Finally got water back on at 10:15.

Now I'm left with a big spot in the front yard that I'm going to have to add dirt to, level out, and re-seed.  But of course, I can't do any of that until it dries out enough for me to get some dirt!!!  :tickedoff

But now of course, I have to deal with the clean up.  Oh Joy!!!  :x

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2015, 10:10:51 PM »
The garden is trashed.  I've got about half of my corn left and that's it.  All of the tomato and pepper plants are dead.  My zucchini plant was just GONE!  I found it washed up against the split rail fence.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 10:16:26 PM »
Where the water first started coming over the bank, it blew it out, throwing rocks all over my property and washing it out.

The thing that sucks is that the neighbor had just brought in his little front end loader and fixed the bank from the April flood and I had grass growing there again.  Now it's gone and needs to be fixed again.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »
I took one of the push mowers apart Thursday night / Friday morning, getting all of the water and mud out it it, changed the oil, and put new gas in it and got it running again.  Still have to work on the other push mower and the tiller.

Got all of the trash and debris picked up and cleaned up.  There's still a bunch of mud/dirt in the barn and on the pavement, but it's just going to have to stay.

I'm so over all of this freaking weather!!!!!!!!!!!  :tickedoff :buck2

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 11:15:37 PM »
Holy Crap, you got quite mess going there. Really sorry about the garden, I know how you feel about your veggies. Especially the WMD'S (peppers) !
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 08:42:27 AM »
It's just one of those things.  :|   You can't change it so you deal with it and move on.  The thing that sucks is that I can't get anything "new" done because I keep having to go back and fix other stuff.

Been trying to get back down to the farm for about 3 weeks now to check the cameras and do some fishing.  Not to mention I've got to move some stands and put another out.  Bow season is going to be here before you know it (first Sat. in Sept.).

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2015, 07:11:35 AM »
 :shock: :sad: Wow! That's a lot of damage and work, BC! Am really sorry to see that. It looks like a river ran though your place. At least it didn't get into your house.

Storms and tornadoes have been doing lots of damage here but not here at home. We watched a tornado pass just a few hundred yards from HQ a week ago, a few minutes before we got off duty. It was headed for town and we were hoping it was going to miss our homes. Some of my pals got lots of damage at home but my place was and is OK.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments