October 24, 2017, 12:09:06 AM

Author Topic: Dove Season Is Almost Here  (Read 936 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Dove Season Is Almost Here
« on: August 25, 2015, 07:36:08 PM »
Dove season opens on Labor Day weekend in Georgia. We've got our field lined up and we're continuing with our tradition of getting vets who have been disabled in the war to come out with their family and see how many birds they can knock down. I've been really busy at work, so this year there has been a couple of guys I hunt with getting stuff ready. It's the same field as last year so that's good. Being in a familiar spot is always a plus. Got it planted with millet, sunflower and corn so we have the feed, and now all we need are the birds and the bird hunters.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Dove Season Is Almost Here
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 12:16:24 AM »
Good on you and your buds for what you do. I hope this year you get a chance to knock a few down yourself  O0
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 06:27:50 AM »
Good on you and your buds for what you do. I hope this year you get a chance to knock a few down yourself  O0
  O0 Yeah on that! Bo is da MAN!

I have been seeing a lot of doves this year and I hope they head your way, bo!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »
Well we had a good shoot. Had 10 vets and most brought their families and despite the heat and humidity everybody had a good time and there was plenty of shooting. It's hard to get a limit of doves in any event and the limit here is fifteen and I'll bet most shooters had at least thirty to forty birds to shoot at. Opening day doesn't allow legal shooting until 12-noon. That means its usually you sitting out in an open area and sweating like a stuck pig until a bird flies over.

The first shots I heard were around one-thirty and it was sporadic until about five and then the birds started flying like crazy. I got my limit but lost two that went down in the wood line. I thought for sure I would find them but it was just too dang thick. We didn't have any dogs this year so we had to be our own retrievers.

Had a real good BBQ and I made sure I spoke to every vet there to tell them how much we appreciate them, and they will always be welcome to shoot with us.

We had the field for Labor day Monday but I had to work. I was told that 4 of the vets came back with some of their families, and since it was legal to shoot at thirty minutes before sunrise, they got some really good shooting in that morning and they all left around 1pm.

I found out today that we had has many as 20 vets and their families lined up but for various reasons they had to drop out or couldn't make it. In the future we might consider renting a van or something and driving ourselves to get them and bring them out. For a dove shoot the more the better. Keeps the birds flying.

I had to work Labor day because Sunday night some gangbangers shot up a police car while the officer was inside a Burger King. We've been hearing rumblings that they want to start killing cops all over the country, and this isn't the first time this has happened here. So instead of dove hunting on Labor day, I was dirtbag hunting. I didn't bag one but the season is year round so I still have a chance.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:26:07 PM by bohicajuan »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 05:46:39 AM »
Sounds like the dove shoot went well, thanks to you fellas, bo. Too bad you had to work the holiday and you didn't find dirtbags but is great you went home after shift all in one piece!
You done shot great.

I worked the holiday, my regular 10 hour shift. But Satruday AM I headed out with my .17 WSM rifle and nailed 4 gray squirrels and two rabbits. I took another tumble on that same bluff where I busted some of my ribs last year. It was a grand tumble and resulted of only bruises and a few small contusions.

I sat on a downed tree, the limb broke and the tree rolled, throwing me down the bluff face first.  :shock: A tuck and roll saved me but I rolled quite a few times until a sapling stopped me. Most importantly, rifle is OK.  ;D Cheapo TupperWare gunstock has some battle scars but rifle worked fine for the rest of the hunt.

I think the squirrels set that trap for me. They paid dearly!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »
Thanks for the update, Bo. Sounds like a great time and good ideas for a better time next year. Thanks for doing for them what I can't.

John, I tthink they consider you a "High Priority" target.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments