November 19, 2017, 05:27:52 AM

Author Topic: Help Scoring a Whitetail  (Read 693 times)

Offline valleyco

Help Scoring a Whitetail
« on: September 15, 2015, 07:58:38 PM »
I was hunting in Wyoming and shot my best deer to date, a nice non-typical whitetail. His distinguishing characteristic is both G2's are triple tined and palmated.  My problem is I'm not sure how to score the palmated tines.
I have attached photos with my best guess as to where the measurements should be taken.  The purple line is where I would put the baseline, and the green line is where I would take the measurement.  Perhaps an experienced measurer can give me some advice.  Thanks!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Help Scoring a Whitetail
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 06:39:57 AM »
Welcome to Gutpiles, valleyco! I am not a registered scorer, but I always measured from the outside of the curves.

Nice deer! What part of the state was you hunting?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline valleyco

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 11:13:13 AM »
I was hunting in NE part of the state.

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 08:07:14 PM »
If you think this is record book material, go online and search for a Boone & Crockett (or Pope & Young if you killed it with a bow)official scorer in your area.

Give him a call and let it be official. If you don't think he's big enough for that, take him to a qualified taxidermist that you want to use to have him mounted. They'll be able to give you a good accurate reading and it won't cost you a penny.

It's going to be next to impossible even for an experienced scorer to measure on line. You really need to get someone there near you to do it.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments