October 22, 2017, 06:07:20 AM

Author Topic: New Truck  (Read 496 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
New Truck
« on: September 21, 2015, 04:42:53 PM »
I finally broke down and decided to get another truck.  There wasn't really anything wrong with my other one, except that it wasn't really what I wanted.  I got it after I hit some ice and totaled the GMC Canyon a couple of years ago.  I only had about a week to get another one, so I got the first thing available at a decent price.

This one took me about 3 weeks to get between researching and going back & forth with the dealership.  I wanted to stay with the Ram brand and was impressed with the quality on the 2013 I had.  The trouble though was finding what I wanted.

I built one like I wanted it on the Ram web site and then searched dealer inventories, going out 200+ miles from here.  All I was finding were Low Matches for what I wanted.  Finally, I started deselecting items to open up the search criteria.  I finally got it down to 7 trucks, with 3 being in Kansas, 1 in Iowa, 1 in Indiana, 1 in Richmond, KY, and 1 here in Louisville.

I had previously seen the one here in Louisville, but with the sticker price on it, I knew I couldn't afford it.  Well, the internet price was much better.  O0

Ended up getting it.  2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Outdoorsman 4WD with all of bells and whistles.  It actually had more stuff on it than I was wanting.

This thing has the RamBox bed, with the storage in the sides, which was something that I was wanting.  It's also got a spray-in bed liner already in it.  I wanted the Outdoorsman model because it comes standard in 4WD, crew cab, all of the skid plates underneath, tow hooks, trailer hitch, fog lights, bucket seats, and a few other things.

In addition to all of that stuff, this one has the Mossy Oak package on it.  ;)   Camo around the bottom of the body, Mossy Oak decals on the outside, and camo trim on the inside.

Some other stuff:

Heated seats & steering wheel
Trailer tow package (extended mirrors and trailer brake control)
Backup camera
Sirius XM radio, Traffic, Maps, Navigation, Blue Tooth
Auto climate control
Voice activated everything
Auto dimming mirrors
Storage compartments in the floor in back
Power seats w/ lumbar support
Active grill shutters
and I don't know what else.

One of the other main things is that it's the Eco Diesel.  To hear it run though, you can barely tell it's a diesel.  :o   The diesel engine is a 6 cylinder, but it's got the same amount of torque as the Hemi V8.  O0   Friggin' thing will throw you back in the seat too if you punch down on it.  ;D

The reason I wanted a diesel is because of the mileage.  Towing the trailer and 4 wheeler, my old truck was doing good to get 14 MPG.  It averaged 17 MPG without towing.

This thing averages around 22-24 MPG pulling the trailer and will get about 27-28 MPG on the interstate. O0   My company is getting ready to relocate before too long over to the other side of Louisville, which means it's going to be further away for me.  Figured I'd get something that was a little better on fuel economy.

This is the only picture I've got of it right now.  Been meaning to take some, but keep forgetting.

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: New Truck
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:53:15 PM »
Congrats. Looks and sounds like a really nice truck. I had to read twice, thought you were die hard bowtie man. Ram does build a nice truck.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 10:27:42 PM »
Okay. When do the rest of us get ours? All that money you make you can afford to buy me a Raptor. John? what do you and Mo want? :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 10:47:54 PM »
I'll take an F-150 with eco-boost. They don't build the diesel I want anymore.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 05:35:36 AM »
I'll take another Tundra, thank you. When is delivery?  ^-^ ;D That sure is great truck, BC!  O0 My brother Charlie has one like that but is an '06 and I really like it.

One of our patrol trucks at work is an older Hemi Dodge 4X4 and I really like driving it. It is a real demon in snow and mud. Handles great, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 08:52:49 AM »
Mo, I used to be die hard Chevy/GM until I had that Canyon.  That thing was a piece of crap!  The workmanship on it sucked!  :tickedoff   They've recently gotten better, but when you compare what you get for the money, Ram comes out on top.  I "built" identical vehicles on the Ford, Chevy, Toyota, Nissan, and Ram web sites.  Ram came out on top as far as fuel economy and price.

Bo, you can wish in one hand and sh*t in the other.  See which gets full first.  ;)   I sure as heck didn't want the payments this thing has.  :o   But I figured I might as well get what I want and be done with it.  I usually keep a vehicle until there isn't much left of it.  Honestly, I'd probably still be driving that Canyon if I hadn't tried to wrap it around a cedar tree.

Got a bug guard for the front and visors to go over the windows on order.  All in Mossy Oak Breakup camo. O0   Been looking at covers for the bed.  ::)   Where the RamBox shortens the width of the bed and the doors on the side compartments swing up, bed covers are kinda' specialty items.  Cheapest decent one I've found is about $600, with most being $800-900.  Then I've got to get some step rails for the sides.  The wife has a hard time getting up into it.

And of course, no truck like this will be complete without a bull bar for the front.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 06:57:31 AM »
 O0 You are really going to love that new truck, BC. Your truck will really ride and handle nice, much better than the run of the mill 4X4 truck.

My brother put heavier bumpers and removable winches on his big Dodge 4X4 '06 because he got into a sinkhole some years ago and had quite a time getting out. He pulls a big 5th wheel camper trailer and advises what you also do, drives a truck built for towing.

His wife is from New York City and had an aversion to trucks until she drove his big Dodge. She loves to drive that truck! I have driven it and really like it, too.

It runs so quiet and smooth, a person would not guess it was a diesel. What's in the cab is luxury.

Too many people attempt to pull with not enough truck.  :shock: We see them alongside the highway with their truck hoods up.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments