December 17, 2017, 06:40:10 AM

Author Topic: Elk with a 338/378 yup !!  (Read 684 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Elk with a 338/378 yup !!
« on: November 01, 2015, 07:55:46 PM »

Proof

My Boy And wife Put a small heard of elk to bed last night took a GPS point and went home after a tuff day of hunting . His wife the one that got the moose decided to stay home this morning and he went by him self. The wee hours of the morn found him tracking back on the GPS tracks and waiting for daylight.

Sure enough the elk whir where they left them but the bull had wandered up the ridge Several hundred yards during the night.
He said that the 5 or 6 cows seamed to be un interested in him so he slipped up the trail farther. He couldn't range the bull, out little crappy range finders crap out at around 400 yards. He ranged a tree and then guessed that the bull was standing looking over his shoulder looking at him was between 450 and 500 yards. We had shot the 338 at 500 when we where sighting it in so a little adjustment and he pulled the trigger.
 The familiar   thump sound of a 250 gr barns hitting the side of an elk and it crumpled to the ground.

NOW
He actually had cell service and he called for help.
 I was very lucky his good buddy that he just helped pack out an elk , 13 hours worth , was on his way and he brought 3 other big fire fighters too. One trip and the 1.8 miles was covered and elk in the truck.

Home by 3 pm, nice...
So see the 338/378 aint just for elephants any more.

D

:twisted: O0
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Elk with a 338/378 yup !!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 08:19:00 AM »
  O0 Nice going! And yeah, that rifle sure does the trick, D! I bet the elk steaks are great!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments