December 14, 2017, 01:03:58 AM

Author Topic: No man is an island  (Read 668 times)

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
No man is an island
« on: December 27, 2015, 08:09:46 PM »
unless you live in St. Louis. We are alright here, only minor inconveinience so far. I've been in these parts along time and seen my share of rain, floods and flashflooding. Nothing I've ever seen compares to this. Everywhere I look, roads are closed and not expected to reopen for days at least. The number of water rescues is astounding. All of this in places you'd never expect. Alot of it in places that were open during the flood of '93. Of course that was river flooding then and this is water that's having a hard time getting to the river. The river is already very high and will flood when this local crap ends. Gonna be an interesting winter.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: No man is an island
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 03:57:24 AM »
  :shock:  :sad: Wow! You folks are getting hammered, MO! Are you OK and able to get to work OK?

Some local flooding here but nothing like you folks are having. I work today and per contract, we have 2 paid holidays this week ( Monday and Thursday) and I am working both.

It is about 35F with freezing rain and sleet. Time is 0255.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 12:31:42 PM »
Yeah, we got lucky in that respect. The breadwinner got transferred to a store just a few blocks away from the house about a year ago. Her previous 2 stores would have her ducking and dodging alot of closures. Almost a "can't get there from here" situation. All 3 of my jobs are within 2 miles, in the opposite direction of hers. They are all in a row. Going to job 3 I pass both the others, of course 2&3 are in the same building and 3 doors apart. Biggest inconvienence is getting product and customers to the store. And the roof of the store is not leaking like a seive. Gotta be real careful where we put stuff and watch for new leaks.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 03:35:07 AM »
 O0 Am sure glad you folks are OK, warm and dry, and without power outages, MO!

Is good here on high ground, too.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 05:59:30 AM »
  :shock:  :sad: Was watching the news this morning and saw you folks have water 20 feet above flood stage.

Online MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 12:29:18 PM »
Yeah. It's an insane amount of water. Road closures continue to pop up. Rivers are riseing. It's gonna get worse before it gets better for sure. Raises some concern for what will happen when the spring rains come. Freezing weather is bound to come soon.
 High water kept eveyone away from the river house most of last summer, now I wonder if there will be a river house. No sense borrowing trouble. We'll see when the river goes down.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »
No Man Is An Island! But some men are archipelagos  :-P :twisted: :roll: :-P :wink:

Had some serious flooding here but not as bad as Missouri.

Maybe God is trying to tell those halfwit idiots at the U of Missouri that THEY are the ones who need to take a lesson in tolerance and understanding?  :knuppel2 :tickedoff

Of course they're not smart or intelligent enough to get it. :uglystupid2 :uglystupid2 :idiot2 :idiot2
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments