October 19, 2017, 11:34:12 PM

Author Topic: What Kind Of Critters?  (Read 1688 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
What Kind Of Critters?
« on: October 06, 2003, 07:45:20 PM »
Just so that I know that I'm not too awfully twisted and that my wife is WRONG (as usual), I've got a question.

What kind and how many critters do you have mounted in your house?  Question number 2 is what does the spouse think about it/them?

Myself, in the living room, I've got 3 shoulder mounts of deer, a full body mount of a coyote on the mantle, a turkey in full strut, a Canada goose flushing, and 5 sets of antlers.  In the extra bedroom, I've got 2 shoulder mounts of deer, the tanned hide from the piebald, his antlers, all 4 of his feet made into gun/bow racks, and a turkey fan.

Right now, I've got a mallard and two turkeys at the taxidermist.  I'm having the turkey fans mounted with the wings, legs, and beard.  I've also got about 8-10 sets of antlers that I need to mount and hang.

So what do you guys/gals thing?  Too much? :?:   I don't think so, but that's just me.  The wife has told me that if I want to put anything else in the living room, I've got to take something down!  There's still some spots where I can put stuff, so it's not nearly complete! :D

So what do you have in your house?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
What Kind Of Critters?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2003, 09:52:26 PM »
It's only too much when you run out of house!   hehe....

I wish I had some of that stuff.  We're moving soon, so I hope to be able to support my local taxidermist.  Right now, all I have is a Bobcat and a nice little 10 pt.  The wife isn't real keen on the critters watching her.   :roll:

I'll keep working on her though.....  :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline ck

What Kind Of Critters?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2003, 04:34:36 PM »
My biggest buck is in the living room, Two smaller ones in the bedroom a garage full of antlers. Thinking about making lamps out of the antlers. Got some 12in. gills and redear frozen,

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
What Kind Of Critters?
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2003, 09:44:19 PM »
That's the one thing I don't have mounted, a fish.  I caught a 20.5 lb carp one time on 6 lb. test line.  I've got a picture of it and it qualified for Kentucky's Trophy Fish Program, but I didn't get it mounted.  Not very many people have carp mounted! :oops:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

april

stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 12:15:09 PM »
I have  an 8-pointer (don't laugh...was my first "big" buck).. and that's all that's mine.  I have some of my dad's stuff here....an antelope, squirrel, three 12 lb largemouth bass, one 10lb bass, an 8-point buck (mine's bigger.. :P ..lol).

My (ex)spouse was always ... "insecure"...when he looked at my buck.  Hated that his wife "saw more action than him"..lol.

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
What Kind Of Critters?
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2003, 12:11:11 AM »
man big58, sounds to me that you're running an underground bass pro. just tell her that you need to add on to the living room!! :lol:  :lol:
   i don't have nealy that much stuff, half a dozen racks or so and a handful of turkey feathers that i have found while hunting.
  the six pt. buck i bowed this year is already down to a naked skull so i can give it a european like mount with the arrow and the front feet also. she has seen it already and is not real keen. (she'll get used to it over the tv!!  lol) :lol:  :lol:
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
What Kind Of Critters?
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 08:39:23 AM »
Bigcal58, No way you got too much! I have a couple of fish, one 8pt. buck, a greenhead, and my cinnamon bear open mouth mount rug on the living room walls. Dang bear takes up most of the wall, so I  had to hang some other fish and another 8 pt, buck in the other room. I would have enough room in the livingroom, but spouse insists on hanging pictures in there, too. Weomen, they just have to clutter up a good thing! I was going to use one of the kitchen walls, but she beat me to it! She hung a bunch of country stuff on the walls! Some nerve, huh?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
What Kind Of Critters?
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 09:35:42 PM »
Here's a lesson for you and has served me well.  Actually tell the wife/spouse where you're going to put something.  When they say no, just tell them that that is where you're going to put it.  If they try to put something else in the place, just leave it.  When you get your mount back, move all of the stuff and put your mount there.  If anything is said, tell them that you told them that that was were you were going to put it.

I did this with my full strut turkey.  I kept telling the wife that I was going to put it on the entertainment center.  She would say, "No you aren't."  I would follow with, "Yes I am."  There would be a couple more rounds of this and then I would just shut up.  When I went and picked up the turkey, I brought it home, cleaned all of her pictures and stuff off of the top of the entertainment center and put the turkey up there.  She came home, saw the turkey and glared at me for a while and that was it.  The turkey's still up there!!!! :D   I got the turkeys back from the taxidermist.  I was going to put them on either side of the fireplace above the mantle, but they wouldn't fit (the things are about 4' wide and 3' tall)! :(   Ended up having to take some of my hunting pictures off a wall in one of the bedrooms and hang them in there.

I will have to say this though, the wife is right in one aspect.....we need a bigger house!  After all, I'm running out of room to put my critters!!!!! :D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
What Kind Of Critters?
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2003, 10:20:55 PM »
Bigcal58, that sounds great, but you aren't married to a certain 5'2" female Cherokee that never gives up! I mean, she NEVER gives up!  If she ever did, I would be suspicious enough to sleep with one eye open!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
What Kind Of Critters?
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2003, 08:06:40 AM »
LOL!   :lol:  

If the wives read this stuff, somebody's gonna be in da dog house!   :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments