November 18, 2017, 04:28:31 PM

Author Topic: did some calling today  (Read 454 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
did some calling today
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:54:42 PM »

Monday-wind

Tue- WIND

wed - wind

today wind ???

Fri- calling for wind

Sat- calling for more wind

Sun- Still calling for wind.

I went out this morning to get the paper, hummm no wind.

Well I thought , it'll start soon.

Had breakfast saw the wife off to work and still NO wind, HUMM.

I wonder if it is going to blow soon , I checked the Computer. Well it was saying the wind is already supposed to be hard, check out the front door ,no wind.

Yikes ! I better get my $hit together and go calling.

I made it out to Power by 7:30 still very little wind from the west south west. I walked up the tracks on some BLM land about a 1/3 mile snuggled up to a fence post and started the FoxPro. I called for a 1/2 hour nothing. Went up by Cordova and did another set, same, nothing.

I went back to the "Killing Fields" on the muddy walked way in and called for 40  minutes. Even though there is still very light wind and still no response.

I did see a gopher on the far side of the creek. I took a shot and just missed. I thought I wonder if I re sighted the 6mm for the 55 gr predator bullets. The last time I USED the 6 was for deer and 80 gr Barnes tts. Better check. I had a box in the sub. Got to it and set it out a ways then checked with the range finder ,a little farther then planned but it'll work 223 yards.

I set down on my but , with the coyote pad set the bi-pods and shot twice to check .

YUP must have re sighted it in

I wandered the back roads home by way of our state land north of town the wind had strengthened some but still very callable. I did a set to the west side and still no coyotes, humm?

BUT I do know the 6mm is ready .

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: did some calling today
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:05:18 AM »
 O0 At least you know your rifle is ready, D. Git em!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments