December 17, 2017, 12:47:08 PM

Author Topic: Crap I thing I'm getting shut out  (Read 830 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Crap I thing I'm getting shut out
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:34:35 PM »

I put a scope on my 10/22 ,and I wanted to shoot the bear gun. So I hopped in to the 'Burb and buzzed out to our state land north of town. Set the targets one at 50 and one at 100 yards . Same old same old . I started to settle in, I looked down the road . What the ??? A string of traffic coming in with lights flashing.  15 dnrc trucks , hauling backhoes, front end loaders skid steers, UTVs  power augers and pickups and dump trucks.

I was on the extreme south end of the state land by the boundary fence, they all slowed but kept going and went over the hill.
Crap I knew what they where going to do.
I finished shooting loaded up and went to look.

YUP they where cleaning all the trash ,targets, and tires and putting up metal fence and gate panels, new fence posts and taking down the corral. Poring concrete to set metal pipe in the center of the road. Up on top where the wheat field is they where scooping up what ever that was up there and fencing that off too.   I'm guessing we just lost our shooting spot to a bunch of dumb asses, s*it heads!

I did get the 22 set at 50 yards and reaffirmed the 45/70 at 100.
The 22 is about dead on at the 50 and 4" low at 100.
( little breeze to the left )
 45/70 I put at 5" high at 100, that sound kinda high but at 200 it is 2" low. The big reason I put it his is ...
The next continues shots will be dead on at 100.
I don't know why the first one is always 5" high.
I did the 22 shooting between the shots over 45 minutes.
Then shot the 45/70 again you can see it is high again and again the rest will be "ON" a cold barrel is how you hunt so a cold barrel is how I sight it in.

[
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:50:51 PM by D45/70 »
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Crap I thing I'm getting shut out
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 06:32:51 PM »
Man that sucks, having them rush in and tear it up like that. Hopefully they are just making improvements and will soon open the new and improved.
 Great work on the sight-in. Many don't understand the differance between warm barrel and cold barrel ballistics and what it means when the shot has to count.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 07:35:38 PM »

No no the DNRC is cleaning up after the scuzzy target shooter  That is a good thing.
I can't blame the DNRC for closing it up.

PS
Sorry.
 I had pics of the targets but I was told they are not appropriate for the net... 

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 12:25:56 AM »
Ok. Now you got my curiosity up.  We've seen paper punches, and you've posted a treasure trove of hunt pics of critters that were formerly in one peice. What the heck could possibly be deemed inappropriate for the net (especially here) and according to who ? Unless we are talking one of Bo's beaver hunts, I;m sure those would cross alot of lines.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 06:22:02 AM »
Ok. Now you got my curiosity up.  We've seen paper punches, and you've posted a treasure trove of hunt pics of critters that were formerly in one peice. What the heck could possibly be deemed inappropriate for the net (especially here) and according to who ? Unless we are talking one of Bo's beaver hunts, I;m sure those would cross alot of lines.
Yeah on that, MO!

And yeah, some of bo's adventures would rate XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX !  ;D

We lost a good old shooting place because of slobs. One one occasion when my brother and I were driving into the place, it was swarming with cops investigating a dead woman's body.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 07:12:27 PM »
HUH?? ??? ??? :roll: :wink:[/glow]
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments