November 19, 2017, 01:34:25 AM

Author Topic: Thinking About Trout  (Read 789 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Thinking About Trout
« on: March 03, 2016, 09:59:43 PM »
May hit the river this weekend and try to catch a few trout. Still kind of nippy and it's been raining to boot. In fact, today in addition to rain we got a little sleet. It wasn't cold enough to stick but the weather generally sucks. Still I might try my luck.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Thinking About Trout
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 11:08:48 PM »
It is getting close to time for our annual trek to West Virginia for our spring trout trip. We always go to Boyer  Station and fish the rivers in the area the first full week of May. Hopefully this will be a retirement party for me. I have been checking into pulling the plug and hope May, 1 will be my official date. I have estimates from OPERS and Social Security, and the numbers look promising.
Bill
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 12:59:53 AM »
Good luck to both of you  O0
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:49:49 AM »
Good luck to both of you  O0
Yeah on that!

Fresh fried trout sounds really good right now.

A pal of mine from WI brought me some lake trout fillets that were great but didn't taste like trout. I asked him why and he informed me lake trout are really of the char family.

I think I will chase some trout next month.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 09:37:23 AM »
 :sad:I hate trout
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 09:39:26 PM »
Boy, the last two nights have been a pain. Both nights we've had shootings. Both were drug linked and it was a pain in the azz to be chasing dirtbag kids at my age. I'm going to make BC come down here and haul me around on his 4-wheeler! ;D :wink:

But nobody died either night and we caught the shooters. I just finished my last report so I can now tell about the trout day.

Saturday was an absolutely gorgeous day. About 70 degrees and no humidity to speak of. The water was a little stained but not that bad and the dam was closed and the water level was just about right. I got in my belly boat and fished about a three mile stretch. I got there about 1pm and fished until about 5pm. Then I went and got my hair cut! :D ;D

Not too many other guys on the river so there was plenty of room. I use water camouflage waders that I have owned since 1997. They are stocking foot waders and are still in great shape despite me getting, slightly bigger in the 19 years I've had them. Considering how long I've used these bad boys I'm surprised they still work. Of course the company I bought them from went out of business and when these finally get to be unusable I'll wind up paying a butt load of money for a pair that probably won't be half as good as these were.

On top of that I still fish with my 1979 Swiss made Zebco Cardinal 3, and a Fenwick light spinning trout rod. Neither are made any longer either. But I love them both and as long as I can still fish them, I plan on using them.

Used 4lb mono and fished 1/32 oz Little Cleos and 00 and 0 Rooster Tails. Caught 2 yellow perch, 1 shoal bass and 1 rainbow trout about 9", and a freaking carp! I've never seen carp in this section of the river. The trout had to be released because this is a trout catch and release section of the river.

I could have kept the perch and bass and the carp, but I was just fishing for fun, and tossed them back. Most of the guys I saw were catching a few fish, but I didn't see any monsters.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 06:17:06 AM »
 O0 Doesn't sound like a bad trip, bo. You caught some fish and got some nice outdoor exercise.

When do you plan to go again?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments