October 18, 2017, 07:23:39 AM

Author Topic: Can youn stand more about the waterbug?  (Read 707 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Can youn stand more about the waterbug?
« on: October 13, 2016, 08:56:51 PM »

Just because I don't talk about it doesn't mean I'm not working on it.
Been working on it for a year and no where near finished .
 Every peace has to be hand fabricated in my back yard and shop with a metric crescent wrench hack saw, and hammer.
It TAKES FOR EVER !
I put in some seats and added some support to the sides and floor to carry the motor and drive.
I have a wooden 64" prop , used, coming .

I imposed the motor and prop on to a Hull picture to kinda see where I'm heading

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Can youn stand more about the waterbug?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 03:15:17 AM »
Wow! That ought to skip across the water, D! I was wondering how it was coming along, looks good!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 02:29:11 AM »
It will turn like a swamp air boat? If so, should fly on ice, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 11:43:44 PM »
I know the motor and prop are just a mock-up but looks a bit close to water line. Not sure  how you determine the proper height, but sure would be a pain if it clears the water, then you load it up and it doesn't anymore. Remember the algebra and geometry we thought was useless back in the day ? It can be your friend now !!
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 03:56:25 AM »
Your math skills are much better than mine, D! Simple math for me is OK but beyond that, you left me in the dust!

You sure have a lot going on this time of year with family, hunting, fishing, and your boat build. I bet your boat will plane out pretty quick, even with a load. I sure do like your design. Maybe you might go into boat building after trial run? You certainly have the skills.

Offline D45/70

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 07:47:29 AM »
I know the motor and prop are just a mock-up but looks a bit close to water line. Not sure  how you determine the proper height, but sure would be a pain if it clears the water, then you load it up and it doesn't anymore. Remember the algebra and geometry we thought was useless back in the day ? It can be your friend now !!

Yes the prop will be 2" higher then the top of the cats.
The space between the cats will be covered with expanded aluminum and have
Nylon fabric across under the "Deck" to keep water / snow/ ice from getting sucked up in to the prop.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Offline D45/70

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 07:56:38 AM »
Your math skills are much better than mine, D! Simple math for me is OK but beyond that, you left me in the dust!

You sure have a lot going on this time of year with family, hunting, fishing, and your boat build. I bet your boat will plane out pretty quick, even with a load. I sure do like your design. Maybe you might go into boat building after trial run? You certainly have the skills.

Math ????
HUMM I should look into that one day.
The only MATH was to get the "Displacement " needed to support 1200 pounds in 3" of water.
I found an online calculator. Same for the thrust.
The boat always takes a back seat it will be next year before the first water trials I'm sure.
Not a boat builder just a redneck with a hammer and metric crescent wrench. :idiot2

Facebook Comments