October 18, 2017, 03:16:06 AM

Author Topic: Night hunting Spotlights ? How about "night eyes"  (Read 510 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Night hunting Spotlights ? How about "night eyes"
« on: November 27, 2016, 07:33:48 AM »

What do you think ?

http://nighteyeslights.com/LED-headlamps?product_id=73

We have a Cyclops Hand held spotting light now and it works "ok" but the batteries only run about an hour, and when you put the red Lens on it cuts the out put considerably. And we have a bigger spotting light that runs on lead acid batteries that are about two pounds each and they only run around 2 hours with no way to recharge in the truck. Both are affected by the cold reducing the run time too. I don't think we would ever run a white light, they only mess up your night vision and cause more problems then there worth, we do have small cap brim lights in green we will walk with. I was in contact with the guy that makes/ sells them and he is willing to make us some with a red and green , no white lights. Same $$$ They come with "Halo" Tubes and we can get a 12 volt/power port charger to re charge on the fly.
They come with an extra battery too we should be able to call all night even on the LONG winter nights in MT.
Anyone do any walk about night hunting ?

« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 07:35:37 AM by D45/70 »
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Night hunting Spotlights ? How about "night eyes"
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 06:51:33 PM »
Casting a light not allowed here unless treed by dogs, that means coon hunting only for the most part.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Night hunting Spotlights ? How about "night eyes"
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 04:39:22 AM »
Casting a light not allowed here unless treed by dogs, that means coon hunting only for the most part.
  Same here, as far as I know. Those lights like D shows seems to me pretty high priced.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments