October 21, 2017, 07:19:29 PM

Author Topic: First "water test" for the bug  (Read 728 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
First "water test" for the bug
« on: December 04, 2016, 07:51:59 PM »

At least the hull.

Water opened up and we splashed the hull in .

[:D]  [:D]  [:D]
It felt quite "Nimble" and very stable.
It'll be better with another 400 pounds in the back.

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: First "water test" for the bug
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 10:18:16 PM »
Looks good. One thing I'm curious about is the effect of the catamaran style combined with the flat bow with the Cats being so close. Might you get an unacceptable amount of splash into the boat or on crew, from the center where the two wakes will meet ? I'd want to load it with working weight and tow it at speed to see what happens. I might be barrowing trouble but best to cover all the bases.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 04:19:08 AM »
Looks good. One thing I'm curious about is the effect of the catamaran style combined with the flat bow with the Cats being so close. Might you get an unacceptable amount of splash into the boat or on crew, from the center where the two wakes will meet ? I'd want to load it with working weight and tow it at speed to see what happens. I might be borrowing trouble but best to cover all the bases.
My guess, too, but the boat looks like a winner, D!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 11:55:20 AM »
The walk way between the cats and the back 3 feet will be covered with expanded Aluminum with water proof Nylon boat fabric . No water will splash in to the boat or on to the prop.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 06:41:34 PM »
Sounds like that'll work
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 03:46:43 AM »
I should have known you already had that covered, D. She runs pretty good, I bet.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments