August 17, 2017, 03:54:47 AM

Author Topic: What to pit on when it's cold  (Read 840 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
What to pit on when it's cold
« on: December 11, 2016, 05:46:12 PM »
  I had some work to do on my stellar outdoor Christmas Display, a light went out and put the mess out...
Crappy dang old string lights.
Anyway I knew it would be an hour or two to fix.
It's setting right at 0* light wind I was not looking forward to it.
I started to look through My winter warm stuff and grabbed my Natural gear white camo bibs and parka.
Just slid them over my street clothes and went out. After an hour I realized I was not cold. Fingers stiff and no feeling, Toes kinda cool but the Kenetrek kept the frost out, a pear of wool socks would have been wonderful. But the rest of my body was very toasty.
I remember the last time I used the bibs and parka it was cold but it had to have been "COLD". There light and flexible just very nice to have on.   
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: What to pit on when it's cold
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 05:26:53 AM »
I imagine you need artic gear where you live, D! You probably usually use 100% wool socks?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: What to pit on when it's cold
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 12:01:20 PM »
Dang I think I need this stuff year round. At the store I am essentially working inside the refridgerator. Spend way too much time in freezer at - 20 or so.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments