October 20, 2017, 02:07:41 PM

Author Topic: Again with the waterbug  (Read 582 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Again with the waterbug
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 02:44:22 PM »
Could!
I use Loctite on everything and lock nuts, and wire or star lock washers.
 Hope not.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 03:34:49 AM »
Could!
I use Loctite on everything and lock nuts, and wire or star lock washers.
 Hope not.

O0 That ought to work, D. I can expect a full water trial before winter? Your undertaking building the waterbug would be a real learning curve for the rest of us. I think waterbug is a good name for your craft.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 02:10:33 PM »
Thanks It has been a challenge.
Today I did a Major test .   A+!!!!!
1971 VW bug 1600cc undetermined  mileage motor.
This set in a shed for maybe 30 years. I Got a new carb at amazon ( still factory settings ),
New coil, plugs wires points and condenser. I set the valves and point with a feeler gauge ,remember them ?a year ago  I had it running on the ground for like 5 minutes for the first test of the clutch adaptor that I had made. It failed in moments. I redesigned and had it fabbed up again, This time with a carrier bearing and a shaft that went in to the piolet bearing in the crank. I Have not ran it since. I built the hull made the motor mounts and finally mounted it on the boat.
Made a mount for the carrier bearing re did the starter to fit.
It is About a year later. Today I needed to start it up and see if my primary clutch off the 1969 Johnson snowmobile would even work.

Dang! I put the fuel line in to a gas can and hit the starter. A dozen turns and she came to life. I have not put a timing light on it yet but it ran very smooth from, 800 rpm (Idle) after the electric choke came all the way off , to 5000 rpm ( as fast as I wanted to turn it unloaded). As stated in the information I could find on the clutch It engaged at 1700rpm and at 3100 rpm was fully moved in for the reduction change. Everything sounded smooth and solid. I ran it for a half hour or so at 2500 rpm. I still have to do some work on my temp and oil psi gauges apparently, but the oil on the dip stick was still cool to the touch.  NICE!

Next to mount the secondary clutch, and see if that part works as expected !!!

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 03:52:02 AM »
 O0 That sure sounds good, D! I sure hope your secondary clutch works smooth, too. Let is know, will you?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments