November 18, 2017, 05:19:04 AM

Author Topic: Looks like I going to hot again this year  (Read 548 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Looks like I going to hot again this year
« on: May 15, 2017, 03:44:13 PM »
Earlier this year my Furnace( forced air ) went out, actually just the Fan motor . BUT it is 38 years old and around 50% efficient. Time to replace the old dinosaur.
Well I had the idea that while I was at it I would do AC too, never had it but now would be the time to do it.
I had two "BIG " furnace Co give me an estimate and 3 "Small" shops . The small guys don't offer Train or any of the upper end units but there still furnaces and ac units I have herd of.
Big guys came in a LOT higher $2500 for the heater and $5000 for the AC, Plus I have to have an electrician run a 220 line out to the AC unit out side. That is running around $800. Smaller guys are running $1600 to $1800 for the heat and $1900 to $2300 for the air plus the electric work. I'm looking at an 80% furnace from each.
 A 95% is about double the price. My gas bill is only $35 a month now with the gas water heater, I would have to live to 114 to get the pay back .
We have gone with out air for 45 years looks like we will do with out the rest of our time here on earth.

I just can't justify the $$$ for 3 weeks of hot.
AND I can get a no interest energy loan for the heater but not the AC .

Lucky thing is I have time to shop around it will be mid September before I fire up the heater now anyway.

Life is making it tuff to replace the old Sububern 
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Looks like I going to hot again this year
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 03:09:17 AM »
Wow! When you have trouble, it seems to come in 3's, D! Bum luck with your wheels and then your AC and heat.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 03:35:48 PM »
Well you know .
Life happens  :'(
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 04:07:41 AM »
If I was you, D, I would just get a window AC unit.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 02:19:17 PM »
My windows open out, cant do a window mount.
I'm thinking a through the wall room AC in the bed room .
 Under a grand and cheaper to run too.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 05:02:19 AM »
 O0 Would work fine and sure save you some money this year, D.  Wife and I no longer use our upstairs so we closed it off and have a small bedroom unit and one midsize unit for the rest of the downstairs. Added a couple of fans and all is nice and cool.

Facebook Comments