November 19, 2017, 11:14:08 AM

Author Topic: Everybody Doing Okay?  (Read 1341 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Everybody Doing Okay?
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 07:01:35 AM »
At 11:10 last night I spotted a large bobcat in my back yard, probably a tom. I watched it for some time through my back storm door screen as it hunted. It was only about 5 and 10 yards distance. I now have a pretty good idea where our neighborhood rabbits have gone.

I spotted the cat last week at about 50 yards distance, after dark. It crossed the street and was headed for the bluff.

The cat must be living close, just over the river bluff by our house.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 04:03:46 AM »
I have been building a new deck out back on my days off, has been kicking my butt. I have two more weekends to get er done before hunting season opens. Only went fishing twice this year, is a disgrace.

On the upside, all is ready for Sept. 2 hunting season.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 05:09:06 PM »
At 11:10 last night I spotted a large bobcat in my back yard, probably a tom. I watched it for some time through my back storm door screen as it hunted. It was only about 5 and 10 yards distance. I now have a pretty good idea where our neighborhood rabbits have gone.

I spotted the cat last week at about 50 yards distance, after dark. It crossed the street and was headed for the bluff.

The cat must be living close, just over the river bluff by our house.

Looks like he has staked out your neck of the woods because of the good vittles he can pick up! O0 It's amazing how close they can live to people and you only rarely see them. I wish I had been that stealthy back in my army days! I might not have been shot at as much! :D ;D :'( :shock: :buck2

Is there a bobcat season in Iowa? I bet with that cold weather up there those cats must get some really nice pelts!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2017, 03:00:50 AM »
Looks like he has staked out your neck of the woods because of the good vittles he can pick up! O0 It's amazing how close they can live to people and you only rarely see them. I wish I had been that stealthy back in my army days! I might not have been shot at as much! :D ;D :'( :shock: :buck2

Is there a bobcat season in Iowa? I bet with that cold weather up there those cats must get some really nice pelts!
I agree, getting shot at has not been enjoyable. Getting shot has been not enjoyable, either. :tickedoff

The only bobcat season is open only to trappers in Iowa. They should be treated as varmints like in most states. If I catch that cat in the fenced off part of my yard, it will get varmint classed.  :knuppel2 Wife and I have 3 small dogs we are very fond of and they have the fenced in part of the yard.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2017, 12:50:05 AM »
I agree, getting shot at has not been enjoyable. Getting shot has been not enjoyable, either. :tickedoff

The only bobcat season is open only to trappers in Iowa. They should be treated as varmints like in most states. If I catch that cat in the fenced off part of my yard, it will get varmint classed.  :knuppel2 Wife and I have 3 small dogs we are very fond of and they have the fenced in part of the yard.

Brother I'm with you! Bullets and shrapnel have a hell of  way of putting a damper on your day! :'( :sad: :buck2

We have a bobcat hunting and trapping season here. I shot one many moons ago that I had mounted walking across a log. It weighed close to 30 pounds which is big for cats here. 15 to 20 is about normal. I'm scared to think how much a taxidermist would charge me now for that!! :shock: :shock: :tickedoff :tickedoff

We have a bad problem with coyotes killing house pets here. Not just in the suburbs but even inside the Atlanta city limits. There are areas of Atlanta that were developed back in a time where houses might set on 3 or 4 acres and they would be wooded and well maintained areas. The coyotes have been living in those areas and breeding with dogs and killing them too. Rabies has been confirmed in several instances. Not a good thing.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2017, 01:13:58 AM »
I have been building a new deck out back on my days off, has been kicking my butt. I have two more weekends to get er done before hunting season opens. Only went fishing twice this year, is a disgrace.

On the upside, all is ready for Sept. 2 hunting season.  :twisted:

I was boxing some hardback books the other day and just about tore my back out when I was putting them into storage. 30 years ago that wouldn't have happened! :'( Where did all the time go?? :'( :shock: :tickedoff

Thank god for Absorbine Jr, Tigerbalm and Tylenol!! ;D :wink:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2017, 02:36:28 AM »
Yeah on that, bo! I have been building my new deck during weekends. I admit, the deck is kicking my butt but we know how to adapt and overcome, yes? 

Facebook Comments