November 23, 2017, 10:03:49 AM

Author Topic: prairie dogs 30/06, Tire guy, good day for sure  (Read 246 times)

Online D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
prairie dogs 30/06, Tire guy, good day for sure
« on: July 16, 2017, 10:46:21 PM »
My Tire Guy, also a life long friend, called me and said" Some one just gave me 4 boxes of '06 shells lets go shoot them off".
Some nit wit needed some tire work and did not have any $$$ so he bartered the shells. My buddy paid off his bill and snatched 80 asst 30/06 shells for about 44 cents apiece.
I said I know just the place, you drive.
Forecast was for 103* and 3 mph wind.
When we left at 4 am the wind was more like 15 and it was 59* by my out door thermometer. an hour and 15 minutes later it was just getting light and the wind was letting up.
We stopped at a place that is a good producer of coyotes and had to try. He had his 700 30/o6 and I had the TC 22/250. We quietly set up a 100 yards from the truck, which was out of sight and I hit the call.
 My normal Female yodel and it stopped dang batteries went dead. I ran out and changed the 8 AA batteries and got back to my gun. I looked around and here is a coyote watching my every move from a high spot about 400 yards away, double dang, busted. I called and called it did come over again at about 200 but only showed it self for a split second . 25 minutes and we gathered up the stuff and drove another 10 miles and set out for the prairie dog town I had in mind. A short walk and the dogs where in our sights. Wind went down and the temps came up but very pleasant . The leasee had some cows in MY town but we managed to keep them to our backs and proceeded to go to work. By 9:30 he had managed to dust of every shell and I used about 75 my self. It was getting hot and we needed a snack anyway. Not a bad morning of carnage. I shot about 3 to 1 and my tire guy did about 5 to 1 not bad for asst unknown '06 shells I thought. We took the long way home and talked guns and took in the scenery .
All in all a very good day. 

On a side note he did apply a good quantity of ICE to his shoulder the rest of the day  HaHa   
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: prairie dogs 30/06, Tire guy, good day for sure
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 04:55:19 AM »
 ;D Your pal got a sore shoulder but at least you got some action, D!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
Re: prairie dogs 30/06, Tire guy, good day for sure
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 08:58:47 PM »
Man i get a sore shoulder when i let loose on my 270. And that is after 20 shots.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Facebook Comments