November 24, 2017, 11:43:13 AM

Author Topic: Dove hunting  (Read 1605 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Re: Dove hunting
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2017, 01:35:00 AM »
O0 Spoken by an expert, bo!

As much money as I've spent on shotshells over the years, I should be given stock options at those ammo companies! :shock: :shock: :twisted: :roll: :wink: I think my money alone put most of their kids through college! :-P :twisted: :roll: :wink:

Last year I had a bunch of stuff going on and couldn't be as hands on for our veterans shoots, but this year we already have the field and are in the process of getting stuff ready. With all the crap we're facing now from both outside the US and especially from within, I wonder about our future. It's kind of scary, don't you think?
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2017, 02:24:00 AM »
It certainly is scary and enraging, bo! I am surprised Martial Law hasn't been declared in some areas.  :knuppel2

I hope your Vets hunt goes well. It is a lot of work and a labor of love and respect. It's absent in the many evil minions now days.

Our CO at work has been spending a lot of money for disabled military folks, adding more comfortable hunting sites and well as a whole new road to one newly constructed site. We have volunteer guides that perform great.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2017, 01:42:16 AM »
If 6 shot will work i might not have to buy shells i have a case of 6 shot floating around my ammo closet.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 05:17:32 AM »
If 6 shot will work i might not have to buy shells i have a case of 6 shot floating around my ammo closet.
  O0 Would work for me.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2017, 08:53:28 PM »
We had a really good shoot. The weather was nice for once and the humidity was super low. Since opening day legal hours starts at noon time, it is usually hotter than hell and twice as humid. I don't know if the hurricane was responsible for anything, but whatever the reason it was comfortable.

We had scattered shooting until about 6PM and then the birds really started to fly. A couple of guys commented that they'd been dove hunting for years, but this was their first time actually getting their limit.(limit is 15)

Had a nice BBQ and we entertained 17 vets along with their families, and everybody had a great time. Considering how terrible things are in general, in the world these days it was a nice reprieve from the crap we deal with on a daily basis.

Of course now we have a category 5 hurricane bearing down on places I've had a long time association with. I spent a lot of time in Puerto Rico back in the day, and although most of the people I know have left the island for the mainland years ago, it's still a scary thing to see this storm fixing to tear stuff up. I'm sure the number of dead will climb without a doubt.

My other old stomping grounds of Miami and the Florida Keys seem to be a very real possible target in a day or two. They started mandatory evacuation of the Keys this morning. Last night at 2AM I checked some of the live webcams down in the Keys and it looked like Friday 5PM rush hour traffic in Atlanta. All you could see was car lights headed north on US 1.

I found a webcam that is outside Sloppy Joe's Bar in downtown Key West and it looked like something out of a Zombie Apocalypse movie. It was 3PM and it looked like the whole city was dead and abandoned. There were like 5 people walking around as if they were waiting for the Zombie's to attack! :shock: :shock: :buck2

In addition to Sloppy Joe's I found webcams for The Smokin' Tuna and Irish Kevin's. I'm PROUD to say that back in my younger and wilder days, I'd gotten drunk and was thrown out of all three of those bars. I've actually been tossed out of quite a few bars in the Keys. Kind of a tradition dontcha' know! :twisted: :wink: :idiot2 :crazy2 :uglystupid2 :buck2 BACK WHEN THIS WAS STILL THE UNITED STATES. :knuppel2 :tickedoff

You could see how they had secured all the tables and chairs, and they had stacked plenty of sandbags in hopes of keeping the tidal surge. But this is category 5 hurricane, and I'm scared if it hits Key West directly, all those places will be washed away.

Miami had to endure Andrew back in 1992. It was also a category 5. I had left Florida by then and was back in Atlanta, but I saw pictures of my old neighborhood and it was pretty well wiped out. Depending on where or if Irma makes landfall, the destruction this time could outdo Andrew I'm being told.

One of the possible tracks has it coming up the east coast of Florida and making landfall near Fla/Ga line. Those on the Georgia side of the line have very little in the way of preparedness and it will be some serious damage.

I'm still hoping it will burn itself out before it reaches land and hopefully will lose most of its energy by then. But who can say for sure? Maybe God is really ticked off at how we've screwed things up, and this is just the beginning?!
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2017, 04:06:05 AM »
 O0 I'm sure glad your dove shooting event went so nice, bo!  Yeah! I must take a lot of prep and work.

About the big storm headed towards Florida and you, we sure it runs out of steam before landfall! It certainly looks like a hell bender! :shock:

The dove population must be huge this year. I have never seen so many doves.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 11:22:44 AM »
I never managed to get out at all. Started a new job at mcdonalds and they have me working all the time.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 03:42:04 AM »
I never managed to get out at all. Started a new job at mcdonalds and they have me working all the time.
  :'(

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 10:41:02 PM »

Ain't that the way it always goes!!?? :knuppel2 :tickedoff

Of course now I'm in the mood for a Big Mac!! ;D :wink:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 04:29:20 AM »
Ain't that the way it always goes!!?? :knuppel2 :tickedoff

Of course now I'm in the mood for a Big Mac!! ;D :wink:
  :wink: Heck yeah! And some fried squirrel!

Facebook Comments