December 10, 2018, 12:05:22 PM

Author Topic: Saving up for a 223.  (Read 2952 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Saving up for a 223.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 07:49:12 AM »
 O0 Oh yeah! Nice score, Fuzzy! Have you shot it yet?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 05:02:02 PM »
Nah im looking into joining another range yet but i got a box of 223 sitting here on my desk talking to me. Its a savage axis. This is the third savage i have counting my broken 222 and my 22mag. My 222 is broken cause i got it when my grandfather died and somebody when he had tried to polish the chamber and messed up hard so i cant reload the brass.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 04:47:59 AM »
Nah im looking into joining another range yet but i got a box of 223 sitting here on my desk talking to me. Its a savage axis. This is the third savage i have counting my broken 222 and my 22mag. My 222 is broken cause i got it when my grandfather died and somebody when he had tried to polish the chamber and messed up hard so i cant reload the brass.
  :shock:  :tickedoff Dang! That would probably be costly to fix.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 07:02:34 PM »
My buddy at my normal gun shop says about 2 months of work and 500 or so bucks to get a new barrel. so i bought my 223 to get into reloading and to have something to hunt ground hogs and other stuff with till i save up enough to re barrel my 222.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2018, 05:14:02 AM »
My buddy at my normal gun shop says about 2 months of work and 500 or so bucks to get a new barrel. so i bought my 223 to get into reloading and to have something to hunt ground hogs and other stuff with till i save up enough to re barrel my 222.
  O0 Good plan, fuzzy. Your .223 will certainly fill in the gaps until your get things fixed. PA abounds in pasture poodles.  :twisted:

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2018, 05:32:41 PM »
Yeah got a buddy with a farm needs some thinned out.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 03:07:00 AM »
Yeah got a buddy with a farm needs some thinned out.
  O0  :twisted: I'd say some groundhogs are really going to get it!

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 06:34:59 PM »
if i can ever get around to sighting it in. also the trigger is pretty heavy but not a lot of creep so ill have to get it worked on some time. for now should be good.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2018, 06:04:52 PM »
So how's the rifle working out, fuzz?

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2018, 02:57:03 PM »
Finally shot it today. It didn't like the ammo i was using, but it was just cheap stuff to get it sort of in and to feel the trigger out. On the trigger its at my gun smith getting lightened to 3 pounds instead of the 5 to 6 it was. Ill know more after that is done. I can show my targets here in a bit. Also going to start looking to reload for my 223 it was my plan to start when i got one. so going to need to figure that out. Also those targets are at 50Yrds i always start short when sighting in once i get it dialed down i move it out. Sadly i never really got it where i was happy. ill try again next week if my trigger is done by then.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 03:15:37 PM by fuzztsimmers »

What did you learn?

Facebook Comments