October 20, 2017, 12:21:46 PM

Author Topic: Hurricane Helped Bow Hunters  (Read 131 times)

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
Hurricane Helped Bow Hunters
« on: September 21, 2017, 07:45:24 PM »
For about the 4th year in a row, bow season snuck up on me and I wasn't ready. But this year it was crazy. Opening weekend was September 9th and Hurricane Irma was beating up Florida and coming our way. I really hadn't planned on going hunting, but by Thursday I was seriously reconsidering.

A friend of mine that works for the Georgia Department of Transportation sent me an app that I could connect to our computers and see all the Interstates throughout Georgia. Looking at I-75, I-85, I-95 and I-20 you would have thought that Georgia was being invaded by Florida. Bumper to bumper traffic, mostly going north but some heading east and west.

All that traffic convinced me to stay home. As it turned out I was called in to work that weekend because of the number of people that we were now classifying as "refugees" :roll: :roll: :tickedoff :tickedoff

I don't think there was anybody left in Florida!

But the bizarre part was that with the approaching storm, it caused the barometer to go cray and this caused the deer to start moving and pretty much keep moving. 5 members of my club made it down to hunt. 5 guys using bows killed 7 deer in two days! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That has never happened before. One was a nice 8 point and another was a real wide racked 6 point. The rest were does, but they saw and shot at but missed two more deer and saw more that were just out of bow range.

They said the deer cooler we use to process the deer was busier than it had ever been before on an opening weekend of bow season.

Typical of my luck, I was stuck here having to babysit people!! :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :tickedoff :tickedoff

I still haven't gone hunting and won't make it this week either because of prior commitments, but even if I went knowing my luck I wouldn't see a thing! :'( :'( :'(
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Hurricane Helped Bow Hunters
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 04:50:30 AM »
  :'( Dang, bo! No chance of getting after them, huh?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Hurricane Helped Bow Hunters
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 11:08:55 PM »
Take it from someone who knows, you won't get one if you don't get out there  :'(
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments