November 20, 2018, 06:12:34 AM

Author Topic: OK B*tches, I'm Back!!  (Read 4392 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: OK B*tches, I'm Back!!
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 02:25:19 PM »
I'm going to have to do something about my hearing.  My left ear is worse than my right, I guess because it's more toward the muzzle of the gun when I shoot.  If I put my watch up to my left ear, I can't hear it ticking, but can with my right ear.

Was considering getting Lasik done on my eyes, but that'll have to wait until next year.  Went to the optometrist yesterday and got my eyes checked over and got more info on the Lasik.  About $1,500 - $2,000 per eye.  The vision insurance we have will cover it at a reduced cost, but don't know how much that is.  Gotta find that out and put more money in by FSA next year to cover it.

It sucks getting old!  :tickedoff   I don't know what I'm going to do by the time I get up to your ages.   :o
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 05:57:50 AM »
I'm going to have to do something about my hearing.  My left ear is worse than my right, I guess because it's more toward the muzzle of the gun when I shoot.  If I put my watch up to my left ear, I can't hear it ticking, but can with my right ear.

Was considering getting Lasik done on my eyes, but that'll have to wait until next year.  Went to the optometrist yesterday and got my eyes checked over and got more info on the Lasik.  About $1,500 - $2,000 per eye.  The vision insurance we have will cover it at a reduced cost, but don't know how much that is.  Gotta find that out and put more money in by FSA next year to cover it.

It sucks getting old!  :tickedoff   I don't know what I'm going to do by the time I get up to your ages.   :o

Is certainly a bugger, getting older and having problems, BC! I know a gal that had that Lasix surgery and it ruined her night vision. When she is driving at night it seems like she is looking through her windshield and it's raining hard but the windshield wipers are not working, her words. But most accounts of people receiving the treatment are positive.

As for hearing problems, yeah, years of shooting does hurt. But a lot of our hearing problems can be blamed on our genes, I think.  My dad had hearing aids and my 99 year old mom has hearing problems. I hate to see folks have to spend $6000+ for hearing aids but cheap ones don't fill the bill. At least, the cheap ones I tried didn't fit the bill. A fella has to be able to hear to hunt, you well know.

Much of my hearing loss is due to a mortar round and loud aircraft.

After I got mine I realized how much I had not heard for many years. Chirping crickets and birds, and a lot of things. Poor hearing is a hazard to our well being.

You must doing something right by still getting older, BC! Yeah, just wait until you get to my age!  O0  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2018, 10:23:50 PM »

A guy at work just had Lasik and he can't say enough good things about it. He says he can't recall ever having vision as good as this. His insurance didn't cover all of it but he got a good deal in paying it off on a monthly basis. He was in and out in 1 day. You should try it. At least then you won't have any excuses to offer when you miss that big Boone & Crockett buck!! :-P :twisted: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2018, 10:25:41 PM »

When I was still married to Satan's daughter, I often wished I was deaf!! :roll: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 05:03:29 AM »
When I was still married to Satan's daughter, I often wished I was deaf!! :roll: :wink:
  ;D I bet you did! Yeah, I heard she was a chip off the old block! Is that gal with the assless chaps still bugging you?  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2018, 08:35:08 PM »
Conversation with the breadwinner:

Breadwinner- you need to have your hearing checked

Me-what ?

Breadwinner- YOU NEED TO HAVE YOUR HEARING CHECKED !!

Me- I think I just did
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 02:52:12 AM »
I am frying up some squirrels and making gravy this morning to take to work and share with a couple of pals. Am looking forward to having some, myself.  :)

We got a little snow yesterday but streets and walks are clear.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2018, 03:05:43 PM »
The optometrist I went to and was talking to about the Lasik said that even after I have it done I'll still need reading glasses.   :x   That sucks!  She said that they can fix your eyes to focus for distance or near, but it won't do both.  She did say that they could fix one for distance and the other for near vision.  Oh HELL NO!!  Talk about screwing up your depth perception!  :o
Been letting the face fur grow since last August just for the heck of it.   O0   It's getting pretty wooly!  I want to know why those dang white whiskers are the only ones that stick out of the mass?  Nothing worse than seeing a freaking white whisker standing out in your peripheral vision.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 04:12:01 AM »
You got white whiskers already, BC?  :shock: And vision and hearing problems? It sounds like you are slipping towards the Golden Age. U turn and head the other way!

After getting hearing aids for both ears, I need new glasses. Aches and pains are getting worse. Golden age sucks.  :tickedoff

The only plus is we can still enjoy what we like to do but at a limited pace.

Gravity has greatly increased. Hills are harder to climb and your hunting rifle gets much heavier. Heck, my hunting boots feel like anvils by the time I get back to my truck.   :roll: The belt gear I carry while hunting weighs heavily by the end of the hunt. And fishing tackle boxes all weigh at least 50 pounds now. If you have any doubts about the facts here, just ask anyone entering or included in the Golden Age.  :wink:
I hope you find easy and not so expensive solutions for your eyes and ears, BC! I do suggest buying good hearing aids. They have greatly helped me. As for Lasix, I am in the wings about that surgery. Some folks tell me they are glad they had the surgery and others are not so lucky. I would certainly not have any surgery that would mess up my depth perception.  :shock:  :tickedoff  In my case, it would get me fired from my job.

Facebook Comments