November 17, 2018, 06:59:50 PM

Author Topic: Coyotes in the evening  (Read 547 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Coyotes in the evening
« on: August 05, 2018, 09:51:38 PM »
  D-I-L  and I went North of town to do an after dinner coyote call.
 We only planned to do the one set so we invested a lota time in the walk out. To the west the State land runs for 3 miles, normal set is under 1/2 mile from the road. We walked about a mile and a half. We looked for the "Right" spot to set up. The wind was straight in to our face and we had plenty of elevation  with good cover. I put the call about 25 yards west of us out in the open with Kugo to it's side. Hoping if the coyotes tried to circle around we would see them. 20 minutes in to the set I see two out about 2 miles running straight in to us. It took a very short time for them to cover the distance. They get to with in about 400 yards and just set down, Humm...

I just let the fox pro run with a pup in distress noise on medium volume play. About 5 minutes and they broke to come in. Straight up the drainage we are sitting in.

In the back of my mind I was afraid the would run in to close to shoot with the rifles. So I let out a loud bark at about 250 yards. The stopped instantly . My daughter in law knows the drill  you get like 10 seconds to pick a dog and shoot before they catch on they have been duped. It sounded like one shot in fact ,I thought she forgot to shoot. BUT I did not see any running coyotes. Two lay dead on the ground. She was shooting her 204 and I had the heave six.

She got part of it on here phone video.

To far and steep for a picture sorry, still a mile and a half back to the truck and the sun was starting to fade.

PERFICT and a nice sunset to boot...

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Coyotes in the evening
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 04:13:32 AM »
  O0 You two did really great, D! What a way to wind up the day!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 08:33:12 PM »
Got a few more today, hot 104*

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 04:57:29 AM »
 :shock:  O0 Wow! Hot is right! But you sure dropped the hammer on them!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 09:41:14 PM »
Nice job, D  O0 Can't believe you got them to move while the sun was up in that heat.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline D45/70

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 12:12:57 PM »
Nice job, D  O0 Can't believe you got them to move while the sun was up in that heat.

90% of our coyotes are shot in the day often noon can be our "Hot" time for calling.
 We never use food ( Aka rabbit) calls. All coyote sounds

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 04:14:50 AM »
90% of our coyotes are shot in the day often noon can be our "Hot" time for calling.
 We never use food ( Aka rabbit) calls. All coyote sounds

O0 I think that has to be a good idea. Coyotes here are wise to rabbit calls.

Facebook Comments