October 22, 2018, 09:49:47 PM

Author Topic: The 6 broke  (Read 91 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
The 6 broke
« on: October 12, 2018, 02:54:18 PM »

When I got home and took the 6mm out of the case after the Antelope hunt , my scope almost fell off in my hands???
No Idea what the heck happened

WOW less then 10 days to deer/elk season.
I did some scrambling in our "Parts box " And found a fix. As you remember the scope base holes are drilled way off center of the bore. I am using windage rings and some caritive base mounts to make it shoot right.
What I found was some Burris mounts with inserts for windage .30 I do believe, Anyway got it on and had to wait for some dry weather.

Got a brake , well the mud dried up a little.
 The wind is about 30mph now and was around 20 when I went out this morning.

I used a dowel to line the scope to the barrel then a stick on bore slighter to get in the ball park, I also looked down the bore and aligned the cross hairs that way some too...

All said I was close.

I put a target out at 100 yards , it would blow away if I went any farther out.

I was sitting on my coyote belt pad with the Bipods on leaned up against a fence post with my elbow propped up with my knee.

Fairly steady for the wind. The wind was almost in to my face but a little to the left cross, as good as I could hope for in a hurricane.

( not quite but a lot of wind to be sighting in )

I was JUST off the paper to the left and 5" high with the first two shots. A total of 6 shots had me almost where I wanted to be.

With not being able to get paper out at 200 yards I was "shooting" for an inch and one half high at 100, with my 80 gr 6mm tts Barnes at 3600 fps, That should put me someplace from dead on to 1/2 high at 200 yards.

One last adjustment and I was there.

I put 2 almost in the same hole, one more click...

I put two side by side and called it good , till I can get it on 200 and 400 yards, but if I can't before deer season I think I'll be OK .?.?.?

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
Re: The 6 broke
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 08:07:44 PM »
Hope you get it in before deer season. Wonder what caused the break.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: The 6 broke
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 04:31:17 AM »
That was quite a break, D! :shock: I have never seen one of those break like that. I think you are on pretty close.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments