December 16, 2018, 10:15:35 PM

Author Topic: Thanks Giving / Christmas Brake ????????  (Read 488 times)

Online D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Thanks Giving / Christmas Brake ????????
« on: December 06, 2018, 12:44:35 PM »
Is every one on Thanks Giving / Christmas Brake ?
Not a word for a LOOONNNGGG time, what's up?
The old gut pile is almost all dried up, hate to see that.
Maybe it's a personal think but most ALL the hunting sights I'm on are slowly strangling
and are near death I fear.
Do you think it's an economy thing and every one has 2 or 3 jobs and no time to get out and then wright about it, or maybe a "Facebook" thing...
 I just hate to see it .
D
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Thanks Giving / Christmas Brake ????????
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 11:26:18 PM »

I think it's largely a Facebook thing. I work 3 jobs and do not have the time for hunting, a situation I am always hoping will change in the near future.
Forums in general do seem to be dying a slow death. Two of my outdoor sites appear to have closed shop in the last couple of weeks. A few sites I visit are going gang busters, but very few.
I'm not a huge fan of Facebook nor it's groups. I do spend quite a bit of time there because these days it's my best way to keep tabs on friends and family.
Gutpiles does have a Facebook page, but as yet it receives little attention.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 05:25:24 AM »
Yeah on things getting quiet here and elsewhere forums. I check here every day to see what's going on.

Things have been really busy here at home. My wife had another heart attack and my mother passed away the day after I got my wife home from the hospital. We buried Mom yesterday, so things here have been crazy. Wife is doing fine.

In September I shot 20 squirrels using my .17 WSM but haven't been hunting since. Tomorrow is shaping up for a hunt.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Online D45/70

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 02:40:43 PM »
:'(  Can 'o worms.
Sorry to here your loss.
Prayers to your wife.
 I to check each day.

MOSPARKY I don't have 3 jobs but I did retire 3 times...
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 05:20:09 AM »
:'(  Can 'o worms.
Sorry to here your loss.
Prayers to your wife.
 I to check each day.

MOSPARKY I don't have 3 jobs but I did retire 3 times...

Thanks, D. Yeah on retiring 3 times. I'm still working but wearing down.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 12:26:38 AM »
I don't mean to over state the 3 job thing. It's not that big a deal. 5 days a week at job 1 the other 2 at job 2. And job 3 is as needed and fits in when ever I can be there. Still 7 days a week and the hours change weekly. Hard to make plans.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 04:06:34 AM »
 :shock: Forget plans and recreation, MO!

Facebook Comments