Author Topic: International coyote  (Read 467 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
International coyote
« on: December 23, 2018, 10:50:13 AM »
 [size:14pt] We went up north.
WAY up north.

North of US highway two, live the prime of the prime "Montana Pale"

coyotes.

Hard to hunt because it is FLAT country , very hard to hide a bright red truck.

Not my red truck but my buddies red truck.

Anyway we did 9 sets and saw coyotes on all but one.

Did not get shots at 8 but saw them.

My boy did get a shot at a coyote running full speed AT him like at 20 feet missed.

My buddy got a shot at a nice coyote across a frozen pond about 250 yards. I was feeling left out for sure, the LAST set of the day ,Dang.

A perfect specimen of a fully furred out " Montana Pale" coyote stepped out right in front of my gun at 150 yards and stopped.

Perfect shot all I had to do was put my head down on the stock and pull the trigger.

I did.

Not remembering the terrain , it has been MANY years since the last trip up that far north. I did not know how far We would have to hike in to get the truck hidden or if it was but deep in snow.
 I kook the TC predator 22/250 , it is about half as heave as the 6mm. I would just have to sacrifice the extra distance I could shoot and the chance of a wolf was slim so I guessed the 22/250 would just have to do. 52 gr Burger 3000+ fps did not exit the coyote and only a dime size hole on entrance JUST behind the shoulder DRT.
If there ever was a "Mount" he was the one. But we did not mount skin , ten times faster to do a "Fur" skin the sun was going down , we had a 2 1/2 drive home .
As it turned out we had a Train parked across the highway with no way to get around. He had US Highway #2 blocked for an hour. could have been 150 cars and trucks backed up behind us.

[/size]
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: International coyote
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 02:55:19 AM »
  O0 Wow! That's some coyote and story, D! What was the weather then?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

Re: International coyote
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 11:50:34 AM »
17* to 22*
light wind 3 to 6 Mph
mostly from the west.
It would swing from the NNW to the SSW
Making set up a bit harder.
NO SNOW.
The farther north we go the lower the elevation .
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Facebook Comments