Author Topic: Montana prairie dog hunt in 2020 ?  (Read 218 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Montana prairie dog hunt in 2020 ?
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 05:05:17 AM »
And you hunt griz or black bear?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Online D45/70

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2019, 08:54:35 AM »
Black bear
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 05:34:38 AM »
And wolf season overlaps bear season? I used to hunt black bear, finally nailed an old boar cinnamon in MN.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 05:37:07 AM by John Andrews »
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Online D45/70

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 08:38:41 AM »
Wolf ends just before spring bear starts but opens in the fall bear season.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 03:38:35 PM »
So are your bear and wolf seasons looking pretty good as for numbers, D? I realize your weather sure plays a big part of that.

I'm wondering how your PDs weathered over the winter, too.

Online D45/70

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 04:03:20 PM »
Wolf and bear are spreading out on to the prairies, larger and larger numbers.
The PD's must be an a high cycle  more now then ever before.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 03:30:43 AM »
 O0 It sure sounds like you are going to burn some serious powder and fill a freezer this year, D!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2019, 03:25:07 PM »
Do you have tree squirrels where you live?

Online D45/70

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2019, 08:16:38 PM »
Short answer is NO.
No Trees....
In town over the years people have brought in gray squirrels, but there only in town.
We have some kind of Tree squirrels in the mountains but there very small bigger then a chipmunk which we have too and way smaller then the grays in town. We also have flying squirrels and there about like a big chipmunk.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 04:36:40 AM »
Short answer is NO.
No Trees....
In town over the years people have brought in gray squirrels, but there only in town.
We have some kind of Tree squirrels in the mountains but there very small bigger then a chipmunk which we have too and way smaller then the grays in town. We also have flying squirrels and there about like a big chipmunk.

I understand that, D. We also have those tiny flying squirrels, a few left. I don't shoot those, just the fox and grays.

I shoot quite a few and freeze a lot of them. Last week I traded 4 of them for some morel mushrooms, a real good trade.

I reckon your bears go back in during your frequent Spring snows and bet they are really grumpy and hungry when they get out of their dens. And I bet you have to cover enormous amounts of ground to find them, as well as the wolves.

When a bear is seen here, it is quite an event. Did you make it out hunting any last week?

Facebook Comments