Author Topic: More boat stuff  (Read 388 times)

Online D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
More boat stuff
« on: June 15, 2019, 04:40:49 PM »
 ???

Unintended consequences.

I added flotation pods in the back to carry the weight.

Which they did, but Now I cant get the nose to come up.

Even with the elevators full up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjEiSTn1vos

Now I have to move the seats and gas tank back, more redo's ,Dang it.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: More boat stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 05:10:23 AM »
 :shock: What the heck? those added pods are that heavy?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Online D45/70

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 07:46:05 AM »
Just the opposite , they give that much lift
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 05:56:41 AM »
Just the opposite , they give that much lift
  :shock:  :sad: welded tanks?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 12:36:20 AM »
I'm no engineer but it seems to me you just won't get much lift with an air boat. If you think about it, the motor/prop are actually going to push down on the front end because of the position. above the water line. I you tubed a few boats and they don't get ALOT of lift. The ones with the most lift in the nose had much more rake in the hull. Looks like their hulls tapered from the bow to about 2/3's of the way back leaving the back third near flat. They are not catamaran style, so they don't draft as deep.
The pilot also is seated near or behind centerline, thereby shifting more weight to the rear. Also they were running A LOT more HP than the stock 70hp the bug motor puts out.
 Looks like you got a decent work horse but care will have to be taken not to overload it or expect it to race.
 If you face utter disappointment, it wouldn't take much more work or money (compared to what you got in it now) to fill in between the cats. That will dramatically change the draft and thereby the drag.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 11:06:26 AM »
Wow! That's too much head scratching for me to figure out, D! Have you figured what you are going to do?

Facebook Comments