November 20, 2017, 04:30:56 AM

Author Topic: Leoupold scope  (Read 5119 times)

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Leoupold scope
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 06:25:07 PM »
Tasco may beat the pants off of Leupold in price, but Tasco can't touch Leupold's quality.   :roll:
Neck shots = no running.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 08:20:58 PM »
It's the long lost Aussie Joe!!!!!!! ;D  How ya been doin'?

As far as quality, you just about couldn't ask for a better scope than a Leupold.  The guy I hunt on has enough money to get just about anything he wants.  He tops ALL of his guns with Leupold scopes.  I've shot some of his guns with the scopes.  The main one I've shot is a Kimber .22 mag with a 3-9 x 40 Leupold.  The gun and scope is almost as old as I am and will still drive tacks!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 10:19:40 PM »
 What? I though they were only making blackpowder when BC was born. ;D ;D ;D :D :roll: Just kiddin with ya BC! :mrgreen: They were still designing dirt back then. :twisted: ;D :D :) Seriously,Leupold makes the best scope the common person can afford.(they get even more expensive than that) :shock:
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 11:13:25 PM »
I'm not as old as you think DB.  Now John Andrews...........he's OLD!!! :shock:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 07:10:24 PM »
Thats what they all say! ;D I was just foolin BC,Ive seen your pics.I dont post pics of myself,so you can guess all you want how old I am! :mrgreen: ;D :D BTW,what does mrgreen have to do with afro's?
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 09:14:05 PM »
BTW,what does mrgreen have to do with afro's?
I really have no idea.  Tell me and we'll all know your little secret!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2005, 03:47:27 PM »
I'm not as old as you think, DB.  Now John Andrews...........he's OLD!!! :shock:
Heh heh heh, they got ya started, didn't they, BC? Just think, you will be as old as I am, some day. Hey, don't go and get all depressed about it! :wink: Yep, but I know some older than me. Really, it's true! I really do! One old buddy I have, you can see his tracks in stone right beside those dino tracks in that park you see on that nature show on TV. You gotta look real close.  Actually, the dino was following me, I had him on a leash.  I finally had to trade him off, he wouldn't stay on the tree, wouldn't cave train, and was eating me out of cave and home.  You can imagine how much time I spent with the Pooper Scooper. We think he bit a couple of neighbor kids, too. We didn't know for sure, because they disappeared while they were playing with him.  About the good L. scopes, I would have one if my money stretched that far, but I don't have my cave paid for, yet.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline mick

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 03:01:24 PM »
Auusie Joe,
     You have a great rifle...top it with a great scope...LEUPOLD!

Buy at least a VII as these have 1/4 click adjusments instead of the friction adjustments on the cheap models, plus the optics are slightly better.
    Enjoy the new toy!

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2006, 02:59:22 AM »
I love leupold, but have also had good luck with the bushnell elite in 3x9x 40.  the bushnell I have on one of my muzzle loaders ,have never had a problem. the leupold I have on my 300 win mag and other muzzle loader. I like the clarity and light transmission from these scopes.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 10:06:29 AM »
I have a Vari-XIII 4 x 12 on my 30-.06 Browning A-bolt, Great Freaking Scope. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Facebook Comments