November 18, 2017, 01:21:59 AM

Author Topic: Leoupold scope  (Read 5116 times)

BBF

Re: Leoupold scope
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2006, 01:47:29 PM »
You might want to check  "w h e r e" that scope is made. Even some of the more expensive types are made in China now :sad:

Offline sticker pt

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2006, 05:45:47 PM »
what do you mean. all made in some sl## head land. at lest most of the parts . i think only the glass is made here in the good ole" u.s.a   GOD BLESS THE U.S
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

BBF

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 02:15:13 PM »
If you got the bucks you can still get some scopes made in Europe( not Russia) but you need to safe up for a long time.  :'(

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 06:31:15 PM »
I have both Leupold( VX II), Burris (Fullfield II), and Simmons scopes on my rifles.  I have to give the nod to the Burris scope.  They are super clear, great in low light and have a forever warranty.  I am going to sell my Leupolds and buy Burris scopes for the rifles that don't have them.  You can get some great deals on-line on the 3X9 fullfield II from gunbroker.com or even ebay at about $160 and I believe them to be better than the $300 Leupold.  My $0.02.
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 07:38:32 PM »
how much you want?  :D
they say i'm not that smart for a redneck ( old dixie land old dixie land how i love my dixie land )

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 03:13:49 PM »
From what I have seen lately they usually sell from $280-$320 new.  This one is in great shape, it will probably have some marks on it when I take it off from where the rings were, but the glass is perfect.  It is a VX II 3-9X40mm gloss finish with the duplex reticle.  I sold the last one like this for $230... So i guess somewhere around there.  Let me know if you are interested...make me an offer.    Thanks.. Alex
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 03:19:42 PM »
From what I have seen lately they usually sell from $280-$320 new.  This one is in great shape, it will probably have some marks on it when I take it off from where the rings were, but the glass is perfect.  It is a VX II 3-9X40mm gloss finish with the duplex reticle.  I sold the last one like this for $230... So i guess somewhere around there.  Let me know if you are interested...make me an offer.    Thanks.. Alex
thank's but last one i bought, i picked it up from my bud that own's gun shop for $200,00 (new in box) it was vx2 3x9x40mm mattle. but 230 is a good price for a scope like that.

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 05:53:21 PM »
They do make a nice scope I have a VS II on my 30-06 742 Remmington. But I must tell you I have been buying the Nikon Buckmaster lately and I would say its in the same class and its $100.00 cheaper. I put one on my Remmington 7400 30-06 my other 742 remmington 30-06 and my Omega 50 muzzle loader. Take a look at one and see what you think.                           Mike

Offline sticker pt

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 07:19:11 AM »
12 RING, you are right about the scopes of today are good even the cheper one's. just it's hard to change after aii these years, when growing up you would here the man in camp saying i have this are that, then some guy would say will i got you all beat i have a leoupoled. thats all that needed to be said. i have a bud that has a buckmaster scope and he loves it. if i ever buy a new hunting rifle i will put a nikon scope on it here alot of good thing's about them and price is fair. O0

Facebook Comments