October 27, 2020, 05:10:00 PM

Author Topic: Ordered a new gun  (Read 2493 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Ordered a new gun
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2020, 02:40:32 AM »
 O0  :) Very nice, fuzz! When are you going to have a chance to shoot it?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2020, 01:11:48 PM »
Not till tomorrow went up today they were working of the fields so couldnt today. Have 200 rounds now though. Once i get it hitting paper im gonna test out 3 different kinds to see what works best in it. Stopped At my dads on the way, he handled it and basically said he loved it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:33:21 PM by fuzztsimmers »
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2020, 12:55:50 AM »
 O0 I bet he did! I use the 17gr.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2020, 12:48:00 PM »
Was out this morning and im realizing i need a new bench setup my ghetto one works fine for just plinking. But trying to sight in and test ammo it isnt up to snuff. Getting 2 inch groups at 60 isnt that good. Those 2 wild ones are me not being steady enough. Hunting wise it'll be fine.My membership to my hunting club starts before squirrel and im just doing ground hogs till the and a 2 inch groups out to 75 or so is fine for them. You can see what the gun wants to do with the 3 in the middle. Forgot to add those are 3 inch circles for the target.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:55:33 PM by fuzztsimmers »

What did you learn?

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2020, 04:54:53 PM »
Oh now that i have my phone back from my dads house after i stopped by for lunch. I can put my shooting setup on here. I need a better scope on it already. Just really want more magnification but my budget cant pull more than 200 at most if i squeeze my wallet.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:04:36 PM by fuzztsimmers »

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2020, 04:46:44 AM »
Your rifle should be putting the holes no more than a cloverleaf group at that distance. Seriously.

My HMR will and does put them through the same hole ( witnessed by a gunsmith ) at 100 meters. I have the heavy blued barrel.

How is your trigger set, heavy? If so, adjust in to the lightest touch you can, for starters.

You should consider the bore is not broken in yet.

I don't know about your scope. I have a BSA 6X-24X on my Savage 93. It's not expensive but serves me well.

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 08:06:33 PM »
I know it isnt broken in yet. And its not the rifle doing that its me and my crappy rest. I was looking at bsa but i dont know about the quality but the price is about right. I might be able to squeeze a bipod into my budget this week if i can find a ok one at an ok price.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2020, 05:46:56 AM »
I know it isnt broken in yet. And its not the rifle doing that its me and my crappy rest. I was looking at bsa but i dont know about the quality but the price is about right. I might be able to squeeze a bipod into my budget this week if i can find a ok one at an ok price.
  O0 Yeah on crappy rest killing your groups, fuzz! I bought that BSA scope at wallyworld for $120 and found out later much better deals online.  :shock: :sad:

I don't have a pod on that rifle, would not fit my needs for squirrel hunting. And it would add weight to an already heavy rifle. I think you would be better off putting that pod money towards a scope. I must say I am very happy with the BSA scope.

The accuracy of the HMR is absolutely amazing.

My .17 WSM BMAG is a light carry, less than 4 1/2 pounds with the Tupperware stock. I have a 6.5X-20X on it.

Have you been out again with that great rifle?

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2020, 08:19:36 AM »
Not recently. Ordered a cheap bipod to try it out. Why not.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 02:45:28 AM »
  O0 Well, yeah. A lot of folks use them.

Facebook Comments