August 10, 2020, 05:12:27 PM

Author Topic: Ordered a new gun  (Read 1337 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Ordered a new gun
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2020, 04:03:40 AM »
Im not sure i do not have a gauge for it but it isnt heavy at all. Its the accutrigger. And so far feels real good. And if they are fliers ill have to see about getting it bedded. Also since the bipod is working im going to get a rear bag to help and after that im pretty sure ill tighten them up.
  O0 Your shooting table is steady?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2020, 09:10:29 AM »
As i can get it. I don't think its the table though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 10:14:43 AM by fuzztsimmers »
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2020, 05:10:59 PM »
It could be the ammo, given prior serious problems many of us have suffered.

I corresponded back and forth with Winchester for replacement of boxes of bad ammo and finally gave up the chase. :tickedoff I did thank them for inventing the WSM and other great things but was not satisfied of non replacement of the bad ammo.

One of the problems was discovered of dud rounds. My experienced and schooled gunsmith pal and I tore down some rounds and discovered there was no primer material.  :shock:  :tickedoff There is some great info on the 'net of problem .17 WSM Ammo.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2020, 05:39:37 PM »
Im using hornady and have not even had a missfire yet. But i refuse to use winchester ammo i have seen too many quality problems. Also this is a 17hmr not wsm. I want a wsm but not going to be in the cards for a while. I have a small goal of having a 22lr, 22wmr, 7hmr, and 17m2. Now i thinking i need to add 17wsm.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 05:42:27 PM by fuzztsimmers »

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2020, 02:54:21 AM »
Im using hornady and have not even had a missfire yet. But i refuse to use winchester ammo i have seen too many quality problems. Also this is a 17hmr not wsm. I want a wsm but not going to be in the cards for a while. I have a small goal of having a 22lr, 22wmr, 7hmr, and 17m2. Now i thinking i need to add 17wsm.
  O0 Yeah on the WSM!

I never had a problem with HMR ammo, was always perfect. My varmint barrel prefers 17gr but shoots the 20gr fine too. My Savage 93 HMR is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.

Another good thing about HMR ammo, you can find it anywhere ammo is sold. A few years ago my brother and I found a pawn shop going out of business sale and bought their entire stock of 17gr Hornady ammo, 8 bricks for $80.00 per brick and no tax.  O0  We shared our find with pals we hunt with.

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2020, 09:28:46 PM »
Going to be ordering 200 rounds of 17hmr here in a couple hours.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2020, 03:26:36 AM »
Going to be ordering 200 rounds of 17hmr here in a couple hours.
  O0 I offer a piece of advice, don't clean your rifle barrel until  your groups open up. Rimfire rifles tend to shoot more accurate with a dirty bore.

It's nice that most everywhere you can buy .17 HMR ammo.

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2020, 01:35:24 PM »
Oh i know about rimfires liking to be dirty. I have only cleaned that out side of the gun at the moment. Also cant wait to get out after squirrels with it this year. My 22mag is gonna get lonely unless a friend needs to borrow a gun to go with me.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2020, 02:33:12 AM »
  O0 Yeah, same here. I have some rifles that sit because I use my .17 WSM. My other rimfire rifles wait to be used as loaners.

Our small game hunting season doesn't open for another month.  :sad: When does your season open?

Offline fuzztsimmers

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2020, 11:27:34 AM »
Its a month early this year. Starts September 12th and goes of and on till February 27th. Not sure im going to go in september much tends to be warm and buggy. Also it will be very overgrown and i dont like my 20gauge for squirrel unless i can get a new barrel with choke tubes.

What did you learn?

Facebook Comments