August 10, 2020, 05:06:45 PM

Author Topic: D's war on rabbits  (Read 537 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
D's war on rabbits
« on: July 22, 2020, 12:20:54 PM »

I think I know how Australia may have felt.

We continue to have cottontailites. I posted before I'm at war with them, but it has to be an undercover covert war.

Wife, granddaughter, and Neighbors and their kids think there " So quite".

They kill everyone's grass undermine any structure that sits on the ground and they stink...

Last time I wrote I had "trashed" 30, that was picked up dead ones.

Some got back in there den Which is fine that put them dead in the neighbors' yards and they can put up with the fly's and stench.

Well, It's a month or so later, There is less and they're a lot more people shy. My "trash" number is well over 50 now, and the overall size is smaller, so I am impacting them.

I have gone through a can and a half of pellets and 15 tubes of CO2.

Maybe 350 to 400 sniper shots. I need to restock, the last bunch of pellets work great but the Co2 does not last as long. They are 12 gm like the Crossman but an off-brand 1/3 the price I'm going back to the Crossman this time but will buy in bulk a box of 20 is about 70% the price per each as a box of 5.

But I'm thinking I'll lose the war without any reinforcements from the neighbors' help. BUT I can't bring it up to them, I'd probably go to jail, shooting a gun and all, damn greenies, dogooders.

PS the animal control will not help with wild animals and the FWP just laughs they won't do anything either. It would be SOOOO expensive to get the city involved.

So I'll keep up the gorilla warfare, can I count on anyone for bail money?​
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: D's war on rabbits
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:09:19 AM »
 :shock: Dang rabbits! You must have wads of them there!

We don't have a lot of them, too many varmints get them. By the time hunting season opens at about Sept. 1, they are pretty well gone.  You don't have many hawks and owls?

You ought to fry some of them, D.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 08:27:36 AM »
:shock:
You ought to fry some of them, D.

Actualy one of the wild game the family likes. BUT, being a covert operation it would be hard to feed them to the family without giving up too much information.

Yes, we have a lot of hawks and eagles here in town but the lots are small. It was the fatal cats that kept them in check. HMMM I wonder where they all went ????
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 03:15:41 PM »
i have had to shoot a couple rabbits out of my dads garden when im hanging out up there. The ground hogs havent learned to stay way since my dad has been using my old 17hmr.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 01:40:50 AM »
 :wink: At least you fellas have thinned the herd some. Here, the city manager lives right next door.  :sad: :-X I do have a pump up .177/BB gun that is quiet.   :twisted:

My other neighbors and I had serious problems with two of his big vicious dogs that cornered us on our own properties. That came to a halt when one of his dogs though he had me cornered in my side yard between our houses. I was standing with my big Colt pistol aimed at the dog's head and hollered for the teen neighbor kid to come get his damn dog or I was going to shoot it.

He came running and hauled the dog home while apologizing. I then called the cops and after they left my place they paid him a visit. I asked the cops to ask the owner what kind of SOB has dogs like that?  :tickedoff :knuppel2 They paid him a visit and assured him next time he would have dead dogs.

We haven't had any more problems with his two big mean dogs because they know I will shoot them on sight. I do know those dogs bit several people.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 08:40:56 AM »
On occasion over 47 years at my house we have had neighborhood dogs and cats that were a huge problem. I would try to let it pass as many would leave in a year or two but some just would not take care of the problem...
I find a dish with antifreeze acsodently left out at night seemed to disappear and so did the problem.

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 12:53:03 PM »
First time i get cornered by a mean dog is the only time it happens with out the dog dying.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 05:19:51 PM »
First time i get cornered by a mean dog is the only time it happens with out the dog dying.
O0 My neighbors know that is going to happen if there is another incident. My Colt likes +P ammo.  :tickedoff :knuppel2 :buck2

I sure don't blame you for that, D!  O0

Facebook Comments