October 27, 2020, 04:28:08 PM

Author Topic: What did I do???  (Read 385 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
What did I do???
« on: August 30, 2020, 05:42:39 PM »
OK, this is what I did. I just ordered a Stoeger M350 semi-auto.
Mostly for a coyotes. I got the waterfowl 28" barrel RT max 5 camo.
I ordered a "Stedygrip" pistol grip stock. It's drilled and tapped for a red dot, I think. It has just a simple red glow bead.
I reload coyote loads for the 870 that will kill and punch pellets through heave furred coyotes at 70 yards plus, LEAD "F" shot/ steel powder. In the 870 I use .669 extended ported choke tube. The Stoeger come with tubes. All in shipped for $800.
????
Comments on the gun/set up?
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: What did I do???
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 03:23:36 AM »
 :shock: O0 Wow! That's some gun, D! Are you going to put a red dot on it? I know your loads will put the dogs down, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 08:33:56 AM »
I never go to the red dot band wagon with a shotty.
I'm sure they work very well I just never worked with them.
 SO Not at this time we will see how things go,
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 02:31:31 AM »
Yeah, I have never gone the red dot route, either. I have one stashed my wife bought as a gift that I could add onto a rifle or pistol. Our M4 rifles at work have the military electronic sights but we can also use the iron sights. I prefer the iron sights on my duty rifle.

When will you receive your new gun?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments