October 27, 2021, 05:30:53 PM

Author Topic: Stoeger m3500 with a reflex red dot.  (Read 8051 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Stoeger m3500 with a reflex red dot.
« on: December 18, 2020, 12:46:57 PM »
This shotgun is going to be set up as a coyote gun and an occasional birder.

The steady grip pistol grip is working great. It and the dead mule have tamed the god awful recoil of my huge 3 1/2" coyote loads. It shoots the steel goose loads of #2X#B shot 1 3/8 1400 fps very good with my Cremator .670 extended choke. 40 yards will put 65% of the shot in a 30" pattern.

I got a Fields reflex red dot and a Benelli shotgun aluminum top rail.

Mounted the dot and went out to see what it does.

I set my coyote target at 60 yards. After a few shots, I seem to have the bulk of the pattern starting at his feet and going over its head.

My lead "F" 22 caliber 3 1/2, 1 5/8 load at 1350 has like 47 pellets.

A piece of printer paper mid mass of my coyote runs like 10 to 15 pellets in it. The backer I shoot is 36x40 and I count over 35 pellets in it each shot, at 60 yards. It was too cold to retry everything at 70 but I'm confident it will be fine. Even hand loading it costs around $2 bucks a shot too.

I did find the dot being at least 1 1/2" above the barrel made a cheek weld imposable.

Today I put in two tapered shims to lift the comb up. I moved it up 3/4 of an inch where I put my cheek, I also moved the stock to shift to the left to put me more in line with my bore.

It feels a LOT better I don't have to search for the dot. I pull it up and it's there. I can leave both eyes open and see the imposed dot, red or green. I actually like the circle and crosshair the best.

Now I just have to try it on a victim.

DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Stoeger m3500 with a reflex red dot.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 08:11:23 AM »
Great! I don't know if my other post made it, having pc problems because of microsoft update that screwed me.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline D45/70

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2020, 08:55:58 AM »
I was hoping you were on vacation or something and not tagged by the virus.
I hate "UPDATES"
Good to see you back.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 09:28:44 AM »
Thanks for concern, D!  O0  Dang Microsoft update really screwed  :tickedoff my pc, lost a lot. I am so glad you have your shotgun up and running right.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments