December 06, 2021, 09:57:50 PM

Author Topic: Bad Time to Buy a Truck  (Read 5262 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Bad Time to Buy a Truck
« on: April 14, 2021, 09:26:20 PM »
I totaled my Explorer back in Feb 2020 Boss sold me his old 2 wheel drive Ranger to get me by. I had my issues trying to get it thru inspection due to it sitting unused for 2-3 yrs but I got'er done. This winter reminded me why I do not want to continue with a 2 wheel drive.
 I was shocked at truck prices. Vehicles in general really. Seems Covid has wreeked havoc on the new and used markets. Semiconductor shortages have stalled new vehicle production, thus driving up new and used prices.
 30K for a 7 y.o. truck with 150K on the clock ? Really ?? Talk about sticker shock ! Seems there are people trading in their trucks for more than they paid 6 years ago !
 The breadwinner repo'd the daughters AWD car we have been making all the payments on and handed off her front wheel drive to me. Now I can afford to wait a year or so, til this crap sorts itself out.
 Dealers often offer 0% for "well qualified buyers". Guess I'll use that time to bolster up my credit and be that "well Qualified buyer".
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline D45/70

Re: Bad Time to Buy a Truck
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 08:09:20 AM »
 :uglystupid2

I got a 2013 f150 two years ago for what I felt was a good price. This year I needed some BIG repairs, new heads.
I refinanced rather than get a different one. It "Booked"now, for 8 grand more than I paid for it 3 years ago...
 I just sold my 20-year-old jet boat for the same price I paid for it 20 years ago.
Things are not going to go down it's here to stay.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 07:04:53 PM »
I hope it's not here to stay. Going to be interesting to see how all this plays out. The manufacturers have a back log of incomplete 2021's. I'm sure these already have VIN's that Identify them as 2021 model year. It's almost time for 2022's to come out. Maybe there won't be a 2022 model year.

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 12:36:31 PM »
I ended up with a kia soul. It was the only car i could find that i can even drive.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline D45/70

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 05:13:43 PM »
HUMMM :'(
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 11:26:53 PM »
I ended up with a kia soul. It was the only car i could find that i can even drive.
Nothing wrong with a KIA. The front wheel drive I inherited from the Breadwinner is a KIA Rondo (bought it new, only dealer that would even talk to us at the time). Stay up on the oil changes. I use Mobil 1 full synth.

Facebook Comments