September 21, 2018, 05:47:04 AM

Author Topic: anyone have any "turk" experience  (Read 1231 times)

Offline crazysquirrelpoon

• Gut Pile Guide
anyone have any "turk" experience
« on: February 16, 2005, 09:48:13 PM »
i was just wondering if anyone has done any customizing to the old Turkish Mausers.  I've got mine all disassembled and am thinking about buying a bull barrel in 30-06.  My biggest question is, how do you configure you action to accept the 06 casing.  Do you have to completly rebuild the reciever, or is it just a matter of head space??  anyone have ANY ideas??  I gotta figure this all out before i start getting parts.
--one more quick thing.........i've got a turkish mauser for sure, it's got all of the an-akra (or whatever markings) and the K-Kale reciever, but yet my barrel is a large ring??  Does anyone know if they were ever rebarreled by the military??  when i got the gun it was still packed in a crate of grease and supposedly never had been issued........thanx everyone
Proud Democrat

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: anyone have any "turk" experience
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 03:19:05 PM »
I would take it to a 'smith and ask him. Some of the calibers are not satisfactory with  certain conversions because of chamber pressures. You may need the bolt face worked on, too.  Your Mauser action should be long enough to handle the '06. I had an original military Argentine 7.65 and had it customized, but I left it the same, as far as the caliber. With the custom barrel you are ordering, you will need it chambered and headspaced, of course. The head spaces are different for different '06 rifles, such as the M1 and a bolt action. A GOOD 'smith will know that, though. Yeah, I would definitely check as to what is advisable for calibers, for conversion purposes. We don't want to read about you having your head blown off!  :shock: :'(
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments