December 13, 2017, 09:56:56 AM

Author Topic: what deer do you hunt for?trophy?food?  (Read 3385 times)

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: what deer do you hunt for?trophy?food?
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2005, 03:04:32 PM »
funny ellwood,that what I though it was too.
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2005, 08:01:03 PM »
Thats cool...............and that is allotta venison. Even if we could shoot more than three deer, doubt I would. We just wouldn't use it all up. Wifes not fussy about wild meat, I'm not home much, and I still prefer a bullwinkle burger over a deer steak.
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2005, 09:10:35 PM »
I'd love to have moose around here! :D  Shoot one of them and your freezer's stocked for the winter!!!! :)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2005, 10:14:05 PM »
Meat
I hunt to fill my father-in-laws freezer. This keeps him and many of his elderly friends happy... not to mention the great meals he makes for us when we visit him.
Don't get me wrong, a nice rack is always a thrill but ya can't eat the horns. I get the most satisfaction out of feeding others who really appreciate it.
By the way I use a .308 but this year I will try to take one with my .223 which is the smallest caliber we can use here in Wi.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Facebook Comments