October 23, 2017, 12:49:21 PM

Author Topic: First one??  (Read 2366 times)

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
First one??
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2005, 09:11:06 AM »
A nice sized spike buck. I was using a Ruger 44 Mag. carbine at the time. It was a cold, blowing, damp and nasty day. I saw his tracks where he had come out of the woods and went back in during the morning to feed. I sat in a brush pile nearby in the late afternoon and shot him as he came out to feed in the evening. I didn't know whether it was a buck or doe by the tracks, but it was the freshest sign in the area. Had it been a doe, I couldn't have shot because it wasn't doe season. Just lucky I guess.
Neck shots = no running.

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
First one??
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005, 11:39:00 PM »
I can remember it like it was yesterday. :-k  Actually it was 4 years ago. I was 33, and had only been huntin 2 years. I had a doe run in just behind me, I spun and was just about to shoot when a Buck came right in behind her. I pulled my sights from her to him quicker than you can slap a cat. :twisted:  One shot with my Marlin 30/30 he spun and ran down hill. I called my buddy, he came over and looked for blood while I told him where the deer was. He couldnt belive it was only 20 yards away and he couldnt find any blood or hair. :?  I knew I hit it, I saw the bullet hole appear in his side through the scope when I shot. :lol: But we couldnt find any blood. He went down hill  and after about 100 yards the deer jumped a creek. On the other side the ground was covered with blood. From here he headed up hill. About another 30 yards and he took a Kamikazie dive off the hill side into the creek.There he lay a nice little 7 pointer. :D  Pics in the photo album if you care to look. :roll:
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Offline Doe

• Teen Taxidermist!
    • Country Way Enterprises
Re: First one??
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2005, 06:07:39 AM »
I was 12 (now 14) and I was on my first hunting trip in Tionesta. (Pennsylvania) I live in western PA but it was a little bit of a drive. We hunted almost the whole day without seeing anything, and at the end of the day, we were sitting at the base of a big tree overlooking a small clearing. Shots rang out and three antlerless deer ran across the clearing. I pulled off a shot on a button buck (neck shot but was aiming for chest) and he dropped where he stood.

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2005, 09:49:22 AM »
I can't remember that well....................however I do remember using the side of my stroller as a rest..............hehehe
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline Mallard Drake

• Gut Pile Guide
  • callin with the best.....
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 06:12:52 PM »
my first deer was a bambi i was ashamed. but heres the story. ok its youth season this past year and its the last day i had missed a doe late satrday afternoon 4 times at 40 yards. ok sunday mornin i see a 6pt but i have no shot. then i move a ways and sit and after a while i see a deer head lookin at me through the brush and it was the only one. there was a tree he was standin behind and alls i had was a neck shot. well now im pissed that i had missed a deer so i pull up and put the sights on him Boom the 12ga rocks hard against my shoulder making the gun move a bit. then i see no deer i thought i missed but when i got up i see a deer layin there but heres the catch i had hit the tree and the slug rolled off the tree and hit him in his neck. blew out his juglar and he was done. i thought it was a small doe but when i looked at its haunches i found spots i thought great now im a bambie killer i felt bad but it tasted good that day.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Aussie Joe

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2005, 09:08:23 PM »
I shot my first deer in New Zealand a Fallow hind with a parker hale .303.  I was around 260 yards away shooting prone across a gully.
I'd rather be hunting.

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2005, 09:59:09 PM »
A spike buck, medium size for here. Shot him with a Ruger 44 mag. carbine at about 25 yards.
Neck shots = no running.

Offline DIXIEBANJO

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 04:07:32 PM »
fat doe at 20 feet with a 30-06
ECCLESIASTES 12:13-14 Now all has been heard;here is the conclusion of the matter:Fear God and keep his commandments,for this is the whole duty of man.For God will bring every deed into judgement,including every hidden thing,wheather it is good or evil.

april

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 11:35:59 PM »
lol...20 feet with a 30.06...bet that was a helluva hole. :shock: :twisted:

Offline truk

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 12:59:00 AM »
my first deer was a spike. went out in the afternoon of opening day(nov 15), picked out a big tree and sat there and fell asleep! When I woke up,there must have been 75 deer all around me! some were real close(i could see the eyelashes when they blinked). At that time(1972) you could only shoot bucks, so i "scratched" all these deer heads looking for horns and there were none. I just happened to see more deer coming toward me,so i concentrated on them. The last deer of the bunch turned its head,and lo and behold the sun gleamed off his horns. I moved extremely slow and got my side by side 12ga into shootong posistion and when the buck stopped at 60 yards and started to feed i took aim and shot. He dropped right there,but the noise sent all the other deer scrambling, i was afraid that i would get run over and killed before i got to see my first deer. I was 14 at that time. here is the only pic i have of him.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Facebook Comments