December 13, 2017, 01:58:36 PM

Author Topic: 'Citizens Self-Defense Act' Introduced In Congress  (Read 844 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
'Citizens Self-Defense Act' Introduced In Congress
« on: February 20, 2005, 09:20:58 AM »
WASHINGTON, D.C.Maryland Republican Rep. Roscoe Bartlett introduced a bill in Congress last week that aims to protect the right of Americans to use firearms in self-defense inside their homes.

House Resolution 47 (HR 47), the "Citizens' Self-Defense Act," would protect the right of citizens to use handguns, rifles and shotguns when defending themselves, their families and/or their homes.

HR 47 has been referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: 'Citizens Self-Defense Act' Introduced In Congress
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 02:02:43 AM »
I hope the bill passes! It should put a hole in future attempts to pass more gun control laws, too. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 05:33:46 PM »
I agree with john.....

any idea what we can do to help it along??
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline BigMac

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 11:37:50 PM »
I think this is more directly related to the duty of retreat than defence in general.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 07:16:38 AM »
Below is a link for more information on it.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d109:h.r.00047:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments