October 23, 2017, 06:43:32 PM

Author Topic: Bad Luck Bug  (Read 906 times)

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
Bad Luck Bug
« on: December 28, 2003, 07:48:34 PM »
Well it seems ive got it. the bad luck bug. I had planned to take the friday and monday  after Christmas off to hunt. Gave my boss plenty of notice. Then the monday before christmas he says we have a customer who needs a job done either the fri. after christmas or on a weekend. Well no way I'm giving up my weekend , so I had to work fri. Got done early planned to leave fri. evening. no such luck the water pump went out on my van. So I had to stay home and fix it. Now I'm planning to take a 4 day weekend on one of the last two weekends of the season. I sure hope nothing else happens to mess it up.
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Bad Luck Bug
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2003, 09:23:20 PM »
Sounds like my kind of luck!  I was going to try to make the best of a bad situation, in that I had to go to my in-laws in Ohio for Christmas, so I was going to try to get in a little squirrel hunting while I was up there.  Of course, it snowed all the way up there on Wednesday and Thursday.  Friday was pretty much a bust with all of the snow.  Thought I would try Saturday and/or Sunday, but of course their muzzleloading season came in on Saturday.  I know I would hate it if someone came walking past me while I was deer hunting, so I decided not to mess anyone elses hunting.

Guess I'll try to go sometime down here within the next few days.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Bad Luck Bug
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 04:20:45 AM »
:cry: CN, I hope your luck changes for the better! Water pumps are a curse! And Bigcal58, tough luck, too! After all that travel, etc., and then no squirrel hunting, real bummer! At least, they got to drool over your .17! I imagine it was a real eye opener for them. I call my .17 "Little Nuke".
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments