November 17, 2017, 11:43:42 PM

Author Topic: New Member, where to get..  (Read 1791 times)

Offline BigMac

New Member, where to get..
« on: February 28, 2005, 12:54:09 PM »
Hello all. First of all I would like to say this is the best hunting/outdoor forum I have ever seen. I would like to know where I may find a good air rifle bipod that attaches directly to the barrel (no sling stud). I know there must be some somewhere, but my searches showed lots of everything else. Any leads are appreciated, thanks.

(Have to go to the office for a few hours, I'll check back at 4 pm Eastern US time.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2005, 12:56:35 PM by BigMac »

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: New Member, where to get..
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 01:33:54 PM »
Welcome to Gut Pile Style BigMac!! 

Depending on your rifle, maybe something like this?  http://www.sksman.com/access/bpods2.html
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline BigMac

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 05:33:52 PM »
Looks like a good bipod, not certain if my airgun is modeled like it were a .30 cal. I have a Gamo Shadow 1000 and a Hurricane Hunter 1250  which I need a one piece mount for (she doesn't like scopes). I'll see if I can come up with anything with another search. P.S. thanks for the link...

Offline BigMac

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
Well, looks like Ill be making my own. Thanks for the help GutPile.

Offline huntsman

• Gut Pile Guide
  • One shot. One kill. No exceptions.
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 06:10:39 PM »
try www.cheaperthandirt.com

They have EVERYTHING.
One shot
One kill
No exceptions

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 06:53:56 PM »
Here's another - similar concept that you could probably modify.  Best of all it's cheap  :mrgreen: 

Brand New
All Steel
Fits Most Rifles
Quick Adjust Leg Extension For Variable Height
As Legs Spread Apart, Clamp Closes On Barrel
Quick Attach Clamp On     http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=73959&item=7138318775&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 09:25:37 PM »
The one pictures above is similar to what I was thinking about recommending to you.  They've got them on CheaperThanDirt.com also (which is where I saw them).  That should work for what you're wanting.  If the clamp portion is too large for the rifle barrel, try padding the inside of it with something to make the gap in there a little smaller.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline BigMac

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 11:10:41 PM »
Thanks all, looks like the one I'll get.  Good thinking on the padding.   :mrgreen:

Facebook Comments