October 22, 2017, 07:02:23 PM

Author Topic: What Did You Get For Christmas?  (Read 3216 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
What Did You Get For Christmas?
« on: January 02, 2004, 01:17:52 AM »
Hey, I need ideas for next year!  What did you all get?

The wife and I decided that she would get what she wanted and I would get what I wanted.  She got herself a little video/digital camera and a portable DVD player.  I got the .17 cal.  Since hers cost more than mine, she took me tonight and I got another computer chair :D   The old one was pretty much about ready to die!  It was down to a seat and one arm and that was it! :?

So what did you all get?  I need ideas for next Christmas! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 02:34:39 AM »
Bigcal58, it sounds like you was really good all year!  Which .17 did you get? I got my .17 for an early XMAS present, too. We sure would not have wanted to wait until XMAS to shoot squirrels with them,huh? My  Savage .17 Heavy  with the checkered wood stock is sudden death, just like yours performs, I'm SURE! Wife got me an 18V cordless drill and two batteries with it, plus a bunch of Dremel tools, under the tree. I told her when I picked up the .17 I didn't want anything else, but you know how wives and Christmas shopping adds to!  :D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 10:18:58 AM »
I got some really nice stuff - but nothing related to hunting.  Hmmm.... I wonder if they're trying to tell me something.   :wink:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 05:23:58 PM »
Well, I got a wolf plaque, a 3-way touch light with wolves on it, a regular lamp wolves on it(can ya'll tell that I love wolves?)  gift certs, and lots of other goodies!  Hope ya'll had a great day and a happy new year! :D

Jen :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2004, 06:13:21 AM »
Hey John, mine is the Marlin 17VS.  I got the laminated wood stock, heavy barrel, and stainless satin finish.  I put a Simmons Aetec 3.8 x 12 X 44 mm scope on it.  I got the Marlin because it's the only one that I know of that you can get an after-market trigger for.  The trigger on it is decent, but it is still a factory trigger.  It's got a little bit of creep to it, which I don't like.  Haven't had time to mess with getting the other trigger for it just yet though.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 03:16:36 PM »
Bigcal58, NICE SETUP :!:  :!:  :!:  :mrgreen:, and solid.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 03:51:29 PM »
Well I have an old 87 chevy van I've been working on camoing up. Bout got it finished. Will post pics sometime. The wife got me some really nice :D  seat covers ( camo of course). I got a nice blank firing 45 for my reinacting. The mother-in-law got me a nice butt warmer seat for hunting and some socks :oops:  (My feet always get cold). And of all things :o , the wife got me a watch. So I wouldnt forget when to come home while hunting.
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 11:53:02 PM »
C.N., pretty nice! Well-l-l-l, the watch, good, and mixed woman reasons. huh? Hey, you tried those electric socks? They work good, improvements over the years have made them pretty good. I need them on stand during cold weather, and also in the duck blind. Gutpiles, you gotta have a serious talk with that gal! Maybe she didn't catch your hints. You let us talk to her before next Christmas! Heck, We will get you set up Goo-o-o-od! What color of new 4X4 truck you want, by the way? :!:  :!:  :!: She can get a second job to pay for it, by the way! :lol:  Will that work, or will she come and shoot us?

april

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 07:53:20 PM »
All I got was a fiddle. :D

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 08:07:02 PM »
April -  What?? No Bow??? hehe  :wink:

John,  I like your thinking!  We've gotta think big, right?
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments