November 17, 2017, 09:47:58 PM

Author Topic: snow geese  (Read 1362 times)

travo

snow geese
« on: March 02, 2005, 09:48:44 PM »
woo-hoo! spring hunting has started! up here, i could theoretically sit in my ice fishin shack and whack snow geese as they fly over. there is billions. anyone else hunt them? so...this weekend it is snow goose blastin, next weekend is varmint hunting with crazysquirrelpoon in the great white north, and when i get back, its time to chase spring turkeys!hope i have time for all that before the crappies and bluegilss head back into beaver lake, and the carp make their run up skunk creek! buying a boat tomorrow, so i am ready!lotsa bowfishin and panfishin to be done before the walleyes come into the bay at Lake Vermillion. next thing you know, ill be warming up the bow for antelope in August, and hopefully the duck decoys will be painted by then. Ya know, i kinda think im gonna make it thought this winter!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: snow geese
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 05:43:40 PM »
Travo, yep, it looks like you will manage to scrape by! Hey, do you have morel mushrooms there? That would be an added extra this spring.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

travo

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 10:50:16 PM »
maybe here and there, people round here are alot more into wild asparagus-yum

Online D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 06:35:11 PM »
 ;D :'( GO FOR IT WHILE YOU CAN!!! :mrgreen: 8)
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

travo

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 09:09:12 PM »
well-heres an update on what ive been doing. my buddy and i knocked down 7 snowgeese 2 weekends ago, right after a blizzard. i was cool. it was at a private place we call the farm pond. only about 5 acres, but did we get the geese! i just got back from fishing on beaver lake, outside of humboldt, about a mile away from here. lotsa walleyes 14-16 inches, and crappies in the 9-12 inch range. spring has definately sprung.

Facebook Comments