October 20, 2017, 06:46:59 AM

Author Topic: Ghillie Suits For Hunting?  (Read 8308 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Ghillie Suits For Hunting?
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2005, 06:51:08 PM »
KoreanandProud, actually, no, I haven't finished it. It's been pretty busy here, but I intend to have it finished before squirrel season gets going.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Korean&Proud

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2005, 09:34:26 PM »
theres an actual season for squirell?  Ithought shooting varment was like fishing, there really isnt a "law abiding" season.

K&P
Heres My Signature

Offline john

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 10:55:32 AM »
they now sell these at meijers, who'd a thunk it?

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2005, 02:01:34 PM »
it doesnt take long for corporate america to "cash" in on things

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2005, 09:41:53 AM »
Years ago when I was really into bow hunting ( had the time ), my partner and I made up some suits ourselves. I had an early season camo jump suit ( one piece ), and a cold weather poncho made fron an old wool military blanket. This may sound weird but we used feathers for camo, attaching them with thread or glue. Feathers from all the different game birds taken over the years. Grouse, woodcock duck, etc... we also used strips of cloth in several colors. These suits made you blend right in and the price was right. Also made our own snow suits.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2006, 04:01:27 AM »
John I always made my own suit in the service. and i use them for still hunting today.Made a new one this year.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2006, 08:13:44 PM »
I have one that I use at work. I'm a sniper on a police SWAT team.

Never have used one for deer hunting, but know some guys who do. Because it's required to have 500 square inches of blaze orange above the waist in this state during gun season; they've added orange strips all along the upper edges and head area.

They say it doesn't spook the deer and judging by their success I'm inclined to aggree.

Like everybody else, my biggest complaint is they can be really hot in the summer. If you have to lay in one spot for long periods they can get itchy on you too.

Those new under armor clothes seem to offer some degree of help, but I haven't used them enough to give a real evaluation yet.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline hunter220

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2006, 08:47:51 PM »
       hmmmm, these sound really cool. im thinkin about making one now, it looks like theyd be too hot and uncomfortable. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to make them a little more comfortable??

Offline eddiejohn4

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • from michigan
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2006, 12:08:19 AM »
You can make them out of cotton, the real idea here is to break up your outline ,you can die old teeshirts three differnt colors usually bowns ,greens and black. then cut into strips. use netting from an army surplus store and wala you got it. when in the field youcan add some vegitation to this from the area.

Facebook Comments